IDEO is a global design and innovation consultancy firm. Some of their clients include Procter & Gamble, Pepsi, Microsoft , Nokia , Intel, Eli Lilly, Samsung , and Steelcase.
IDEO New York is in search of a Production Designer who will help design and produce physical and digital assets, artifacts, and tools that support our client projects and internal initiatives. This will be a temporary role with a tentative start in October/November 2017 for a duration of six months. We approach the way we design for our clients and our own community with a dedicated amount of care and intention. Our value of Talk Less, Do More gets real in this role, as your ability to translate concepts into prototypes helps teams get tangible quickly and produce inspiring work. We count on you to be resourceful, generative, iterative, and adept at juggling multiple projects. With collaboration and optimism at the core of what we do, you'll be expected to work very well across various teams and disciplines - with shifting priorities - thinking both quickly and creatively.
* Collaborate with IDEO New York project teams to build and produce project assets while helping to set and meet project deadlines. Serve as the liaison between IDEO New York teams and shared/external production spaces through shepherding the collaboration and production process across those groups.
* Connect with external vendors to source production materials and services; build up a network of reliable partners for teams.
* Translate project team needs and milestones into actionable production plans.
* Assist with creating and editing design assets across all studio disciplines including designing cultural artifacts and communication deliverables for Business Development, Experience, Marketing, and Talent in addition to supporting client-facing projects.
* Stretch and experiment with new tools, methods and approaches - find creative design and production hacks and solutions in partnership with our project teams.
* You are a unicorn (design meets production meets project management) with a developed portfolio and at least 3-5 years of production, graphic design, and/or new media experience.
* You have a passion for design and detail as well as excellent written and communication skills. You embody excellent time management while producing quality work against tight deadlines.
* You are a dynamic collaborator who can partner with multiple teams and projects simultaneously.
* Preferably you have production experience in designing both hi-fi and lo-fi print, digital, and physical assets or you used to work in a fabrication lab or art studio (print/silkscreening).
* You embody a DIY, scrappy mentality. You know Adobe Creative Suite really well but are also open to learning new tools and exploring new ways of making. You are as comfortable with an X-ACTO knife as you are with a keyboard, and are eager to roll up your sleeves and make cool stuff.
* Your extensive knowledge of design tools and software might include: Adobe Creative Suite, physical prototyping, bookbinding, comp building, designing/installing large scale room displays, basic HTML/PHP editing, content management systems, basic audio and video editing, laser cutting, vinyl production, 3D rendering and printing.
The best way to apply is by creating a DreamHire profile. This will ensure that your background and skills are accurate, and you can save your application as a draft and finish it later. It takes a few minutes to set up your profile.