HNTB Corporation is an employee-owned infrastructure solutions firm serving public and private owners and contractors. With more than a century of service, HNTB understands the life cycle of infrastructure and addresses clients’ most complex technical, financial and operational challenges.
The position will coordinate a broad range of administrative functions and support contract administration functions for Design Build and P3 transportation projects and programs. Assists team in performing office Quality Reviews of technically based deliverables assuring strict compliance with documented policies, procedures and workflows. Works with engineers and technical experts. Monitors in process development of deliverables to assure timely development to meet specified completion timelines. Evaluate opportunities to incorporate Lessons Learned as well as Corrective Actions and Preventative Actions. Develop and conduct team training related to policies and procedures. Assignments are fast-paced, complex and non-routine.
* Performs administrative duties in support of office staff including, coordinating and scheduling calendar appointments, meetings and travel, preparing a variety of correspondence under general guidance, receiving and directing incoming calls and welcoming visitors.
* Furnishes information and responds to routine correspondence when necessary.
* Coordinates the receipt, distribution and delivery of mail both to and from the office.
* Coordinates local policy and procedures with the appropriate corporate and or/ divisional functions to ensure full and complete procedures are in place covering assigned areas. Recommends changes in process or procedure to management.
* Prepares reports, gathering and summarizing a variety of data from multiple sources.
* Organizes and maintains office files (electronic and hardcopy) and records in accordance with internal retention policy and procedures.
* Prepares and submits expense reports on behalf of office staff, securing and maintaining supporting documentation and ensuring accurate coding of expense items.
* Supports Accounts Payable functions by accurately coding and processing invoices.
* Tracks and coordinates the acquisition and distribution of materials, supplies and equipment.
* Organizes and coordinates events for the office.
* Works in SharePoint environment and maintains files of project/program records and documentation.
* Reviews in-process development of assigned deliverables.
* Reviews assigned deliverables schedules and reviews and facilitates resolution in problem situations.
* Conducts detailed review and editing of in-process deliverable development.
* Identifies areas of improvement of established policies, procedures and workflow.
* Frequent interaction with Program employees regarding deliverable development.
* Frequent interaction with co-located client on assigned tasks and process.
* Must be able to work well engineers and other technical specialists.
* Experience working in an engineering or technical setting
* Must have exceptional technical writing experience.
* Must have excellent communications skills including public presentation and training.
* Must have exceptional experience using Word and Excel.
* Ability to maintain confidentiality.
* Planning, time management and organizational skills.
* Ability to balance multiple tasks and changing priorities.
* Attention to detail.
* Knowledge of project workflow and planning desired.
* Bachelors Degree in Engineering, Architecture, Business Management or a related field
* At least three years of experience working in a Transportation and/or Construction environment in the AEC industry
The best way to apply is by creating a DreamHire profile. This will ensure that your background and skills are accurate, and you can save your application as a draft and finish it later. It takes a few minutes to set up your profile.