Harris is an international communications and information technology company serving government and commercial markets in more than 150 countries. Headquartered in Melbourne, Florida, the company has annual revenue of $5.4 billion and 16,000 employees including nearly 7,000 engineers and scientists. Harris is dedicated to developing best-in-class assured communications® products, systems, and services.
The position is responsible for ensuring that all transactions are being recorded in company’s general ledger in accordance with US GAAP and ensuring accuracy and timeliness of the recorded data. This position involves preparing month-end journal entries and performing various account reconciliations, as well as preparing internal reports and analysis of the company’s financial results. The candidate must have the ability to multi-task in a deadline-driven environment for an operation with multiple locations.
* Perform account reconciliations with action plans for reconciling items
* Perform account analysis with identification and explanation of variances
* Ensure compliance with internal controls
* Assist in the preparation of quarterly and annual financial schedules
* Support internal and external audit requirements
* Prepare ad-hoc reporting and assist with special projects as requested
* Bachelors degree in Accounting
* 1-3 years of general ledger experience in an accounting role with a global public company
* Strong understanding of US GAAP
* PeopleSoft experience a plus
* Advanced excel
* Strong attention to detail
* Effective communication and interpersonal skills
The best way to apply is by creating a DreamHire profile. This will ensure that your background and skills are accurate, and you can save your application as a draft and finish it later. It takes a few minutes to set up your profile.