Job Posting Details
About Dollar General Corporation
Let's Grow Together! We are a fast-moving Fortune 200 publicly-traded company with more than 13,000 stores and 14 distribution centers in 43 states, growing by hundreds of stores each year. We work in an energetic atmosphere that embraces innovation and teamwork. At Dollar General, you can see a clear and fast path to career growth and success. We are committed to attracting talented and motivated people who can advance our mission of "Serving Others."
Real Estate position with a primary purpose of site selection, acquisition and development of both new and relocation store opportunities that meet the criteria and objectives of the Dollar General retail growth program. Ideal candidate shall possess a solid understanding of real estate principles and practices, as well as a working knowledge of the various disciplines involved in the store development process, from market analysis to pipeline management and store opening for both ground up development as well as leasing of existing space.
* Preparation of detailed LOI’s, SOW’s, comprehensive site approval packages and other financial based reports and analysis.
* Collaborate with Market Planning and Analysis team to develop an integrated market penetration plan in order to target optimal new and relocation store opportunities and increase store growth and unit profitability
* Frequent travel to and within assigned territory to gain a strong understanding of each trade area, to include traffic and retail patterns, demographic trends and socio-economic behavior, as well as property availability and real estate comparables.
* Communicate new and relocation store objectives and strategies to preferred Developer partners in order to establish and successfully execute BTS development programs within an assigned territory.
* Train and manage teams of local brokers and developers to find suitable conventional lease space opportunities or ground up development that meets the criteria of a Dollar General retail store. Partner with Design & Construction to validate costs and to confirm that specific development requirements are met in order to meet merchandising and operational requirements.
* Negotiate all business points for all new and relocation projects: BTS Leases, Fee Development, Shopping Center Lease space, etc. and all related easements and other documents and coordinate with construction and other departments up through store opening.
* Preparation of Site Submittal Packages for presentation at bi-weekly Real Estate Committee meetings.
* Frequent communication with Operational partners and periodic presentations to align teams with strategy and priorities for new store and relocations within specific territories. Manage and organize pipeline of deals within specified area driving results within that area. Be able to provide updates as needed for projects and pipeline within given territory.
*Note: This position requires weekly travel in a company-provided vehicle with limited overnight stays; a current driver's license and acceptable driving history is required.
**Knowledge & Skills:**
* Solid understanding of real estate practices and principles.
* Strong interpersonal and networking skills.
* Self-starter with an ability to work independently.
* Great communicator, both written and oral.
* Organized and able to manage multiple projects at one time in a fast paced environment.
* Goal-oriented team player.
* Strong financial and computer skills (experience with Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, spreadsheet preparation, etc.).
* Strong ability to negotiate. Must be a strong decision maker based on a combination of analysis, wisdom, judgment and years of professional experience in real estate development.
**Work Experience and/or Education:**
* Minimum of 5 years prior experience working within a fast paced corporate real estate environment in a deal making/negotiating capacity. College degree required. BA or BS in closely related field, preferably in Real Estate, Marketing, Management, or related business discipline. MBA or law degree a plus.
Compensation and Working Conditions
Additional Notes on Compensation
Long term disability, Accidental Death and Dismemberment insurance, Company matched 401(k), Paid vacation, Onsite child care, ATM, cafeteria and fitness facility, Fun, values centered work atmosphere, Corporate casual dress,Relocation assistance