* Identify needs and refer customers to business partners within and across lines of business lines of business who can best meet those needs.
* Promote the Bank's loan programs in the community through regular contact with real estate relators, builders, attorneys, and other centers of influence.
* Follow up on leads generated by personal effort, regular contact from within the industry, call-in/walk-in inquiries, in addition to the support enhancements from Bank advertising, and direct mail efforts.
* Conduct regulatory compliant loan pre-qualification interview Explain and recommend the most appropriate available loan programs, based on a pre-qualification interview. Maintain a file of loan leads that do not immediately result in a formal application. Follow up on leads regularly until they apply for a loan with the Bank, apply for a loan with another lender, or withdraw from the mortgage market.
* Accept regulatory compliant residential mortgage loan applications from customers. Review applications for compliance with Bank, industry, and agency guidelines. Notify in a timely manner those applicants who do not qualify. Begin the processing of qualified applications as quickly as possible. Monitor the processing of the loan in accordance with Bank policies and procedures.
* Conduct all mortgage loan solicitation, origination, processing, and closing within the regulations of ECOA, RESPA, and other regulatory body requirements now in effect and those in the future, as they become effective.
* Active solicitation and origination of mortgage loan programs to all prospective borrowers including in low to moderate areas, and low to moderate income individuals. You will serve as the liaison to local, state, and federal government agencies, as well as not for profit community development groups.
* Cross-sell other Bank products and services to established cross-sale targets including checking accounts, savings accounts, home equity loans/lines, and mortgage life & disability insurance.
* Prepare records and reports as requested regarding loan solicitation, origination, and closing activities.
**Other Duties and Responsibilities**
* Performs other duties as assigned.