We deliver superlative, hands-on and practical corporate and investment banking education that you can use immediately in your job, or that next great job you are looking to start. We focus on making complex subjects readily understandable and usable. If you want to take a great leap forward in your finance career, we are here to make that happen. Our instructors are practitioners who have worked in the field of finance. They relate the subjects covered to real work situations you will encounter
As the Director of Software and Systems Development you will be responsible for developing, integrating and managing a series of complex online learning management systems, texting/assessment platforms, cloud storage and streaming delivery systems, including those that we own, lease or partner with others to integrate into our platforms. You must be highly proficient at dissecting complex software and optimizing platforms to that they can be readily built, managed, migrated and extended.
A) To establish, enhance and manage a “Product Road Map” which clarifies where we are in our product life cycle, where we need to go, and how we will get there.
B) To manage all aspects of software and systems platforms that the company uses for customers, suppliers and internally, including our current corporate websites (e.g., starweaver.com), our third party learning management platform
D) To ensure our program management activities are executed smoothly (e.g., coordination of live streaming classes delivered “On Air” free, publication of courses on our learning management platforms, and delivery of live in-person, live online and libraries of courses and content).
E) To provide for customer and user support systems and processes that enable customers to received appropriate Help Desk and technical support on a regular basis.
F) To help hire and develop the best possible team members, including those outside your immediate area of responsibility.
G) To control company costs and spending, and to optimize our business spending and investments.
• 7+ years of relevant engineering experience
• 3+ years of people management experience, managing engineers
• Experience in partnering with product and program management teams
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or a related technical discipline.
• 6+ years of software development experience.
• Proficiency in at least one modern programming language such as C, C++, C#, Java
• Object Oriented Design and familiarity with application and database programming under UNIX/Linux.
• Experience with Agile (SCRUM, RUP, XP), OO modeling, web services, UNIX, middleware, database and data mining systems
• Experience mentoring and training the engineering community on complex technical issues
• Experience building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers
• Experience with building high-performance, highly-available and scalable distributed systems.
• A high degree of pragmatism in building the simplest thing that does the job; we want to use technology to solve real-world problems expediently, not indulge in over-designed, unnecessarily intricate software architecture.
• A willingness to dive deep, experiment rapidly and get things done.
• Exceptional customer relationship skills including the ability to discover the true requirements underlying feature requests, recommend alternative technical and business approaches, and lead engineering efforts to meet aggressive timelines with optimal solutions.
• A strong track record of project delivery for large, cross-functional, projects
• Deep hands-on technical expertise, excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Sharp analytical abilities and proven design skills