cPanel is a control panel designed for the web hosting industry. It provides hosting providers with automated point-and-click hosting platforms.
cPanel was launched in 1997 by cPanel Inc. and its operations are based in Houston, Texas.
cPanel is looking for a well-seasoned Systems Administrator to join our team and help us run cPanel’s technical infrastructure.
* Work directly with all cPanel team members to configure, deliver, maintain, and troubleshoot cPanel, Inc. server and network infrastructure
* Participate in a 24x7 on-call rotation and respond to unexpected system failures and network outages
* Occasionally write small scripts and automation files to automate solutions for recurring concerns
* Proficient with debugging Linux with tools like strace and/or tcpdump
* Knowledgeable in network fundamentals including switching, routing, TCP, and IP
* Comfortable writing short scripts in bash, php, python, ruby or perl. Perl preferred.
* Familiarity with automation software like Puppet, Chef
* Experience working with virtualization platform, say, EC2, VMware, or Xen
3 years of Systems Administration
* Iterative Development- Comfort with Scrum, or other agile methodologies is a plus
* Communication skills- Able to effectively transfer thoughts and express ideas written or verbally in individual or group situations; presents oneself clearly and articulates when speaking; checks for understanding
* Problem Solving skills- Able to take a logical approach to address problems or opportunities or manage the situation at hand by drawing on one’s knowledge and experience bases
* Time Management- Able to manage work time in such a manner that ensures the accomplishment of specific objectives; sets priorities, goals, and timetables to achieve maximum productivity
* Attention to Detail- Able to accomplish a task with concern for all the areas involved, carefully monitoring the detail and quality of own work
* Results Oriented- Has a concern for achieving or surpassing results against an internal or external standard or objective
* Interpersonal skills- Able to get along with others effectively
The best way to apply is by creating a DreamHire profile. This will ensure that your background and skills are accurate, and you can save your application as a draft and finish it later. It takes a few minutes to set up your profile.