Ebates is a profitable, high growth e-commerce company based in San Francisco. We offer a casual but fast-paced environment where creativity and effective teamwork and collaboration are rewarded. We are changing the way people shop online, and we strive to provide the best possible customer experience - not to mention cash back on every purchase, with no strings attached.
Please note this is a full-time position located in our San Diego office. This position is a critical engineering role in the the Technology Operations organization to build and operate our webstack infrastructure and automate service deployments. Your responsibilities will develop tools and strategies for configuration, deployment, testing and monitoring to support our goal of security compliance 100% up-time and quick turnaround of new code deployments for the engineering organization.
* Continuously improve our infrastructure to be easy to deploy, scalable, secure and fault-tolerant.
* Work closely with System Architects, Engineers, Product Managers and System Administrators to meet their environment setup and service automation needs.
* Develop system and service deployment scripts for Production and Pre-Production web services in an VMware and AWS hybrid environment
* Develop a process to make DevOps as part of the engineering development, service deployment and operations lifecycle.
* Ensure the secure deployment and operations processes to be PCI compliant.
* Server and Application monitoring & analytics
* Passionate about automation and infrastructure as code principles
* Available for 24x7 on-call rotation schedule.
* 7+ years of experience in Linux & Webstack administration for an E-Commerce company
* 5+ years of experience in Nginx/Apache and PHP is mandatory
* 3+ years of solid experience working in DevOps role
* 3+ years working experience with VMware, F5
* 3+ years working experience with AWS VPC
* System build configuration automation using one of Chef, Puppet, Ansible
* Strong understanding of TCP/IP networking principles and concepts
* Mastered scripting skills in one of Ruby/Bash/Python
* Production system integration, log collection and analysis, builds and performance monitoring/tuning
* Build and release automation tools: Jenkins/Teamcity
* Knowledge of payment systems and PCI standards is a plus
* Knowledge of Docker containers is a plus
The best way to apply is by creating a DreamHire profile. This will ensure that your background and skills are accurate, and you can save your application as a draft and finish it later. It takes a few minutes to set up your profile.