Clever Devices designs innovative technology solutions for all modes of public transportation, including fixed-route, bus rapid transit, paratransit and rail. Clever Devices solutions enhance mobility and help meet the public transportation challenges of communities around the world. Clever Devices deliver scalable and modular Intelligent Transportation Systems (ITS), providing benefits to transit system operators and the riding public.
The Service Technician is responsible for field service calls, diagnostic repairs and maintenance updates on Clever Devices electronic and computerized equipment at the customers or Transit Authority’s facilities. The Service Technician is additionally responsible for managing spare parts inventory as well as the care and service of the company vehicle.
* Handles all service calls and completes diagnostic repairs and maintenance updates
* Manages spare parts inventory
* Responsible for care and maintenance of a company service vehicle
* Maintains a thorough working knowledge of Clever Devices electronic and computerized equipment as well as associated software
* Configures, repairs, maintains, updates and installs Clever Devices equipment on a regular basis
* Serves as point of contact at customer location for any and all service inquiries
* Anticipates and trouble shoots any issues to ensure continual quality for the customer
* Proactively reports trends in repairs and maintenance to supervisor
* Creates and maintains a log of all service repairs, maintenance and updates
* Ensures all repairs and maintenance are completed to customers satisfaction
* Works onsite at the customer facility or at the Transit Authority, and maintains business etiquette standards of Clever Devices
* Ensures they maintain a clean work site whether at customer facility or Transit Authority.
* Position may require weekend, overnight, and on-call shifts.
* 3+ years experience as a mechanical service technician
* Hands on experience with electronics and computer systems
* Working knowledge in networking and software applications
* Clean driving record that is maintained as such for insurability
* Superior trouble shooting and problem solving skills
* Strong computer skills including working knowledge of, MS Office including Word and Excel, and ability to learn new programs such as Axapta or customer specific software
* Strong organizational skills
* Good interpersonal skills
* Strong time management skills
* A.A.S or equivalent
The best way to apply is by creating a DreamHire profile. This will ensure that your background and skills are accurate, and you can save your application as a draft and finish it later. It takes a few minutes to set up your profile.