Bluebeam, Inc. develops smart, simple PDF creation, markup and editing software for paperless workflows. Our award-winning products are used by the world’s top architecture, engineering and construction firms, as well as government agencies. We also have a strong following among tablet PC users, students and educators, accountants and even lawyers. Our company is an open, creative environment in which we work hard and have a great time in the process.
Bluebeam’s Account Development team is looking for an Account Specialist who is inspired, energetic, and super psyched to reach out to potential new strategic customers and tell them all about the amazing design and construction technology and services we provide. In order to be successful in this role, you need to be interested in the way that people use software to improve their daily work. And you have to ask the right questions to find out. You need to enthusiastically engage people who are brand new to what we do at Bluebeam, and help them learn about the life-changing tools and services we provide.
* Engage new customers and drive sales in the North East & Great Lakes regions using your winning personality, strong communication skills, and one of the best software tools in the marketplace.
* Make contact with new strategic target companies via phone and email. Leads and inquiries are generated through trial downloads, trade show leads, and web marketing programs, so there is NO COLD CALLING.
* Match customer needs to the solutions our technology and services provide. Develop a comprehensive understanding of Bluebeam’s software and services to ensure we properly meet those needs.
* Prospect, develop opportunities, prepare appropriate documentation and close sales.
* Maintain detailed records of calls and information requests in CRM.
* Issue quotes and process orders.
* Engage in process improvement: identify internal and external needs and challenges, and discover and help to implement better approaches, tools, etc.
* At least 3 years of sales experience and/or experience working in Construction, Architecture, Manufacturing, or Engineering
* Sales Experience in a in technical field (hardware/software) is a HUGE plus
* You need to be well organized, detail oriented and capable of prioritizing numerous tasks. Walk, chew gum, and talk software.
* You must have excellent communication skills, both written and verbal. We will ask you to do lots of listening, but eventually you’ll need to reply.
* You must be a self-starter and be comfortable with ambiguity. Huh?
* You must demonstrate emotional maturity and sound judgment. Tantrums are discouraged.
* You must have a helpful personality and like to solve customer business problems. Trust me; we’ll know if you’re faking it.
* You must be comfortable learning new technology. I mean, this is a software company after all.
* Please tell us that you have strong computer skills. This is the 21st century. We don’t want to teach you Microsoft Word, Excel or PowerPoint.
* We’ll be really impressed if you tell us that you have worked with AutoCAD, Visio, MicroStation, SharePoint and/or Revu.
* Comfortable with 15% of time travelling – domestic travel only; most of this job will be done from our brand new Boston office, but there will be some travel required (key customer visits, onsite demos, and a handful of tradeshows)
The best way to apply is by creating a DreamHire profile. This will ensure that your background and skills are accurate, and you can save your application as a draft and finish it later. It takes a few minutes to set up your profile.