Human Resources Business Partner II
Job Posting Details
2U partners with leading colleges and universities to deliver the world’s best online degree programs. Our Platform, a fusion services and technology, enables schools to attract, enroll, educate, support and graduate students around the world. Our company culture is united by our No Back Row® philosophy; the idea that when we each lean in and do our part, we are better individually and collectively.
We are looking for individuals passionate about transforming higher education and joining an innovative team dedicated to disrupting the existing education model. 2U’s incredible company culture is driven by leaders in every area of our company, and it starts right here with the HR team. We’re looking for an experienced HR Business Partner to take on a role that’s both strategic and hands-on. Successful candidates will have a solid HR background, strong leadership abilities, and an eye on the bigger picture needs of the business in order to drive change, develop leadership and management capability, and continuously improve the employee experience.
* Partner with management within your assigned business units to provide HR consultation on various areas including performance management, engagement, development, etc
* Consult with senior management to influence and facilitate the development of their organizational priorities and related change initiatives
* Provide coaching to leaders, managers and employees to build and enhance leadership capabilities
* Identify trends and proactively recommend solutions to improve performance, retention, and the employee experience
* Directly handle and guide resolution on a variety of complex employee relations matters including disciplinary actions and investigations
* Advocate for our company culture and ensure culture is the central tenet in the choices we make and the advice HR provides to the company in maintaining a culture of accountability and trust
* Implement and uphold company policies and procedures to ensure best practice and compliance with company and the operations of partner universities
* Support the HR team on misc projects as needed
**Things That Should Be in Your Background:**
* Bachelor’s degree required; degree in HR or Business preferred
* A minimum of 4 years of employee relations experience
* Ability to deal effectively with ambiguity
* Proven success implementing strategic initiatives
* Ability to relate to, influence and coach employees at all levels in the organization
* Proven ability to work in a fast paced environment and handle multiple tasks simultaneously
* Strong customer service background
* Familiarity with HRIS systems or reporting tools
* Excellent computer skills (Microsoft Office, inclusive of Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
* Enthusiasm and the ability to thrive in an atmosphere of constant change
**Other Attributes That Will Help You in This Role:**
* Learning agility
* Strong communication skills with the ability to relate to people at all levels. You should have the ability to approach each scenario from all perspectives
* Focused on achieving defined results and exceeding goals and objectives
* Ability to bring out other people’s potential and talents
* Ability to work with a diverse team in a fast-paced environment
Compensation and Working Conditions
Additional Notes on Compensation
2U offers a comprehensive benefits package: Medical, dental, and vision coverage, Life insurance, disability and 401(k).
Unlimited snacks and drinks, Generous paid leave policies including a PTO allowance for your vacation, personal, or sick days.