Glassdoor recently released a list of 11 jobs that pay at least six figures. While many of these positions may be known to pay well, others may come as a surprise.
Here is the list:
- Reservoir Engineers. Their total median pay is $143,000. They are usually expected to have a bachelor’s degree in chemical engineering.
- Software Architects. Their total median pay is $139,000. They are typically expected to have a degree in math or software engineering, although comparable experience is often accepted.
- Airline Pilots. Their total median pay is $134,000. Although many airlines just require an Airline Transport Pilot License (ATPL), major airlines typically want further education.
- Dentists. Their median pay is $129,968. This career path involves not only obtaining a doctorate, but passing the ADA’s Dental Acceptance Test.
- Special Agents. Their median pay is $125,000. Candidates usually need a background in the military or criminal justice.
- Geophysicists. Their median pay is $119,380. They are expected to have a bachelor’s or master’s in geology.
- Drilling Engineers. Their median pay, including bonuses, is $116,500. Candidates are typically expected to have a bachelor’s degree in petroleum or mechanical engineering.
- Nurse Practitioners. Their median pay is $101,600. At minimum, practitioners must have a master’s in nursing. Some states require additional certifications.
- Regional Sales Executives. This job is heavily commission-based— base salaries are usually around $65,000, while total median pay is $103,500. While a bachelor’s degree isn’t always required, people skills and product knowledge are.
- Physician Assistants. Their median pay is $100,392. Typically, assistants perform a similar role to physicians, just with less education.
- Equity Research Associates. Their median pay is $100,000. These positions are typically like investment banking jobs, but less rigorous. They generally require a bachelor’s degree in finance, economics, or a similar field.