Toptal is a network of the world’s top 3% of software engineering, design, and finance talent – available on demand to help companies accelerate, adapt, and scale. With $100+ million in annual revenue and triple-digit growth, Toptal is the largest fully distributed workforce in the world.
As a Program Manager at Toptal, you will work in close collaboration with Product Management and lead software engineering teams in the delivery of features and enhancements to a large and complex custom platform, from inception to deployment. You will own the improvement of program and project level practices for the engineering teams, and ensure organizational visibility into milestones, velocity, project plans, and product roadmaps.
* Act as project manager for multiple development teams, ensuring a high-quality of User Stories, Release and Sprint Backlog Grooming, Planning, and Retros.
* Collaborate with Product and Development teams, finding innovative ways to deliver on team commitments and milestones.
* Provide Development and Sr. Management ongoing status against delivery of commitments, identify and actively mitigate risks.
* Own driving feature development through every stage of the agile software development lifecycle.
* Facilitate negotiations between stakeholders, product owners, and development in order to surface highest priority work and protect/support the team’s roadmap.
* Manage resources on multiple technical projects and ensure schedules, milestones, and priorities are compatible with technology and business goals.
* Assist Product Managers in prioritizing activities across multiple projects and development initiatives.
* Regularly report on project and program status to executive leadership and other stakeholders.
* Create project and program plans.
* Assist Product Managers in creating Product Roadmaps.
* Provide thought leadership, strategic insight, and clear communication (written and verbal) to team members.
* Be in constant communication with team members via Slack.
* A deep background in all aspects of software engineering and the development lifecycle for enterprise applications development, engineering and/or operations at scale, in Agile and Kanban environments.
* Ability to drive large, complex programs and solutions using virtual teams.
* Adept at pragmatically implementing process in unstructured environments, and committed to continuous improvement
* Exceptional interpersonal communication skills, written communication skills, and the ability to work well in a team environment.
* Comfortable managing changing priorities and building consensus across varied stakeholder groups.
* Great analytical problem solving skills and decision-making abilities.
* Problem solver and technology enthusiast.
* Willingness to learn and innovate in a rapidly changing environment.
* Ability to work through ambiguous/undefined problems; ability to think abstractly.
* You must have excellent written and oral communication skills.
* You must be a world-class individual contributor to thrive at Toptal. You will not be here just to tell other people what to do.
The best way to apply is by creating a DreamHire profile. This will ensure that your background and skills are accurate, and you can save your application as a draft and finish it later. It takes a few minutes to set up your profile.