Bandwidth is one of the largest telecom companies in the nation, helping over 500 wholesale customers and thousands of enterprise accounts leverage communications as a tool for innovation. The company was founded in 1999 as a reseller of connectivity solutions, getting into the voice business when it recognized a need for more nimble voice solutions.
We are looking for a passionate and talented Software Architect to lead the design and implementation of our enterprise back office platform. The ideal candidate will have experience designing and implementing web service APIs and service oriented architectures. They will also possess the ability to work across organizational boundaries, translating business needs into implementable software solutions. Finally, they will collaborate with the software development team to ensure that the back office platform is implemented to be available and highly scalable as required to support Bandwidth’s business.
* Immerse yourself in Bandwidth’s business, products, and operations, to become deeply informed on the technology constructs that do, or should, support the business
* Architect a back office integration platform that enables accurate and timely invoicing and financials for all aspects of the business
* Document platform designs. Collaborate with users and other technologists to gather feedback on those designs, and incorporate feedback as appropriate
* Specify RESTful web service APIs and other platform integration mechanisms
* Design operational tooling needed to manage, monitor, and troubleshoot the platform
* Author user stories that translate these business challenges into implementable requirements for the software engineering team
* Participate as the technical product owner in our Kanban development process
* Collaborate with the software development team on implementation decisions and technology selections
* Fantastic communication and collaboration skills. Must be able to build positive relationships quickly, and influence peers and leaders
* Expertise in Java and the Java technology ecosystem
* Experience designing web services and service oriented architectures
* Expertise in IP networking, web protocols, and REST
* Knowledge of relational and non-relational database systems
* Passion for technology and the craft of software engineering
* Passion for designing software products that offer delightful user experiences
* Experience authoring user stories and managing a software product backlog
* Bachelor's degree in C.S. or equivalent
* 10+ years experience doing software development
* 5+ years experience building software in Java
* 3+ years experience architecting web services
* Previous experience working on billing systems is a plus
The best way to apply is by creating a DreamHire profile. This will ensure that your background and skills are accurate, and you can save your application as a draft and finish it later. It takes a few minutes to set up your profile.