The Navigators Group, Inc. is an international specialty insurance holding company with insurance company operations, underwriting management companies and operations at Lloyd’s. With its corporate headquarters in Connecticut and insurance operations based in New York and London, Navigators has offices in major insurance centers in the United States, the United Kingdom and Continental Europe, as well as representatives in China and Brazil.
This position provides key operations and administrative support to assigned underwriting division as required to complete the underwriting process in accordance with established workflows, procedures and other company protocols. This position will partner with Underwriting in all areas in support of the quoting, binding and policy issuance process. Primary duties include policy management, renewal process handling, data file administration and customer service on accounts of increased size and complexity. The purpose of this position is to enable underwriters to focus on business production and underwriting quality while assisting in various aspects of the workflow process in conjunction with the underwriting team. Serve as a key resource and point of contact for Underwriting as well as Junior Operations staff. Other duties as described.
* Triage accounts, incorporating broker/treaty restrictions/risk characteristics to queue up the best opportunities and supplement the Underwriters activity to improve hit ratio and focus on best chances for success.
* Create, modify, update, and process new and existing policies, contractual documents and worksheets to reflect accurate exposures, amount of coverage, or type of insurance or other material information.
* Meet with Underwriting on a regular basis to review expiring accounts and send out targeted renewal submission requests. Solicitations will include specific information and may also include conditional renewal notice.
* Perform a renewal comparison of accounts and provide Underwriters with information relative to changes.
* Examine correspondence from assureds and/or brokers, such as original insurance applications, and other company documents to determine if changes are needed and make the necessary changes for Underwriting review.
* Interact with brokers to assist with follow up for underlying and subjectivities.
* Review underlying policies and provide Underwriters with pertinent information needed for quoting.
* Handle pre renewal activities including file review and comparison, documentation of loss development from prior years, and correspondence as needed.
* Create lead lists based on new business not taken up or renewals lost to be used the following year as part of the renewal cycle
* Calculate premiums, refunds, commissions, adjustments in support of the endorsement process
* Create new and renewal quotes within the guidelines of Underwriting approved limited Underwriting authority.
* Maintain appropriate accuracy standards per agreed upon service levels.
* Demonstrate ability and willingness to function in the role of a subject matter expert on systems, processes and procedures to both peers, underwriters and ancillary supporting departments.
* Travel as approved.
* Work with Premium Services to resolve receivable discrepancies.
* Document and maintain standardized departmental procedures.
* Aid in training and development of Junior Operations staff as required including Quality reviews.
* College Degree preferred.
* Minimum 2-4 years' experience in insurance industry.
* Advanced Microsoft Office skills.
Apply to The Navigators Group (Underwriting Assistant for Specialty Auto)
The best way to apply is by creating a DreamHire profile. This will ensure that your background and skills are accurate, and you can save your application as a draft and finish it later. It takes a few minutes to set up your profile.