Redfin is a technology-powered real estate brokerage that represents people buying and selling homes. Founded and run by technologists, Redfin has a team of real estate agents who earn a salary and customer-satisfaction bonuses, not commissions. Redfin.com features all of the broker-listed homes for sale, as well as for-sale-by-owner properties. Redfin real estate agents work with the company's team of engineers to create tools that make the buying and selling process easier.
As a Senior Database Engineer for the Data Engineering Team, your job is to integrate, sanitize, and productize our massive store of market and user data to turn it into a competitive weapon. You will have ownership of Redfin’s Data Warehouse platform, overall architecture, data integration and operational excellence. You will also be working closely with marketing team to provide key business KPIs and enable marketing automation.
* Design data warehouse solutions using dimensional methodologies to support ETL processes and data analytics applications
* Develop, implement and tune ETL processes
* Write and tune SQL including database queries, ddl and dml, stored procedures, triggers, user defined functions, analytic functions, etc.
* Create code that meets design specifications, follows standards, and is easy to maintain
* Own features that you develop end to end. Work with end users on requirements gathering, develop and test your code, implement new processes in production, then maintain and support them over time
* Drive our data platform and help evolve our technology stack and development best practices
* Develop and unit test assigned features to meet product requirements
* Work with Analytics and Digital Marketing teams to provide them the data they need to make efficient decisions
* Work with Quality Assurance team to ensure that the processes are fully tested
* Support and maintain dev/test/prod environments to meet business delivery specifications and needs
* Assist with adhoc report generation and data analysis for customers
* Be part of monthly on call rotation
* Expert level SQL skills
* 7-10 years experience in database technologies (i.e., Postgres, MySQL, SQL Server, Oracle, RedShift etc.)
* Minimum 5 years of experience in Data Warehousing
* Working knowledge of dimensional modeling techniques
* Working knowledge of data quality approaches and techniques
* Experience with Redshift is highly desired
* Experience with AWS tools (S3/Redshift/DynamoDB/IAM) is highly desired
* Experience working with a standard ETL tool (i.e., Informatica, SSIS, Talend, Pentaho, etc.)
* Architectural insight on where to store data and modeling experience to recommend how it should be structured to make it accessible, performant, and resilient to change
* An entrepreneurial spirit, a drive to ship quickly, and familiarity with agile software development practices
* The ability to deal with ambiguity, communicate well with partner teams - both technical and non-technical, and a strong empathy for the customer experience
* Experience working with Linux is a plus
* Programming language experience (Python, Java, etc) is a plus
* API development experience is a plus
* Working with the Agile/Scrum development process is a plus
The best way to apply is by creating a DreamHire profile. This will ensure that your background and skills are accurate, and you can save your application as a draft and finish it later. It takes a few minutes to set up your profile.