ProQuest connects researchers with vetted, reliable information. As a leading technology provider, ProQuest drives better outcomes for researchers and greater efficiency for the libraries and organizations that serve them. Our cloud-based solutions are a gateway to the world’s knowledge and enable researchers, students, and librarians to discover, access, share, create, and manage information.
The Director, Program Management uses keen judgment and solid analytical and organizational experience to solve complex business process problems as well as establish processes in a growing business that is rapidly expanding in the pharmaceutical knowledge management industry.
* Develops and maintains the ProQuest Corporate Solutions portfolio of client initiatives; establishes and oversees appropriate portfolio management, governance and prioritization processes.
* Builds strong collaborative relationships with leaders across the organization to translate technology and business strategies into actionable initiatives, creates delivery plans for major clients, and provides recommendations that influence business unit strategy and product definition.
* Works closely with business and technology leadership to prioritize, sequence, and cull the overall project portfolio to optimize business value.
* Builds, leads, mentors and develops high performance project managers on their team.
* Ensures development of credible technology delivery plans and budgets.
* Establishes and uses performance analytics to monitor delivery plans and budgets along with regular mechanisms for reporting and project visibility; flags risks, issues and opportunities.
* Drives use of good information and high quality data for decision-making and scenario planning; drives data quality improvements across the business unit.
* Partners with stakeholders at all levels of the organization to identify opportunities for project management to drive execution, delivery, and results.
* Actively collaborates with leaders across the organization to ensure that dependencies, risks and constraints are identified and managed in a timely fashion.
* Links people, processes and tools to successfully deliver business unit value.
* Provides leadership, insight, and guidance on projects including investment and divestment recommendations.
* Bachelor’s degree in related field plus a minimum of 10 years’ experience in a leadership role within the Systems Development Life Cycle in a large/medium-sized corporate environment, ideally with pharma experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
* A minimum of 5+ years in a comparable PMO leadership role using current methodologies and metrics for project tracking and evaluation.
* Previous experience implementing strategic project management across business and technology units.
* Demonstrated excellence in organizational process management.
* Proven ability to build, lead and develop high performing teams.
* Outstanding planning and organizational skills, expert-level analytic skills, ability to communicate complex concepts succinctly, at all levels of the organization, including to customers.
* Proven ability to develop effective, matrixed, cross-organization relationships, collaborating and communicating across business and technology stakeholders and multiple geographies.
* Master’s degree in related field.
* Experience working in validated software development environments.
Apply to ProQuest (Director of Program Management)
The best way to apply is by creating a DreamHire profile. This will ensure that your background and skills are accurate, and you can save your application as a draft and finish it later. It takes a few minutes to set up your profile.