Since it was founded in 1958 as a single pancake house in Ohio, Perkins has evolved into the nation’s leading family dining restaurant concept, with 405 company-owned and franchised locations in 33 states and five Canadian provinces. Throughout its history, Perkins Restaurant & Bakery has remained true to its mission of providing guests with personalized service and high quality food at a great value.
Maintains direction of kitchen staff members to ensure daily goals and tasks are being met. Performs all duties to maximize guest satisfaction and quality work environment.
* Works with Kitchen Manager to ensure that all budget expenses are within limits.
* Keeps General Manager/Kitchen Manager informed of problems and/or issues and proposes alternative solutions for consideration.
* Identifies ways to improve and streamline operation.
* Maintains a clean and safe facility.
* Monitors and oversees food temperatures during hot and cold handling to reduce the incidence of risk factors known to cause food borne illness.
* Communicates clearly and concisely both verbally and in writing.
* Selects and maintains communication with vendors providing restaurant equipment and supplies.
* Completes walk thru and temperature checks in the kitchen.
* Assists in ordering food, produce, liquor and restaurant supplies.
* Assists in receiving deliveries and checks paperwork to ensure receipt of items and directs staff to stock items.
**Physical Requirements/Environment/Working Conditions:**
* Extensive standing, without breaks.
* Exposure to heat, steam, smoke, cold.
* Reaching heights of approximately 6 feet and depths of 2 1/2 - 3 ft.
* Must have high level of mobility/flexibility in space provided.
* Must be able to fit through openings 30" wide.
* Must be able to work irregular hours under heavy pressure/stress during busy times.
* Bending, reaching, walking.
* Communicating with guests if needed.
* Operating cash register.
* Carrying trays of food products weighing about 20 pounds for distances up to 30 feet.
* Lifting up to 50 pounds.
**Education Level Required:**
* High school diploma; some college or degree preferred.
* At least six months prior experience in hospitality work; culinary education and/or experience a plus.
Apply to Perkins Restaurant & Bakery (Kitchen Leader)
The best way to apply is by creating a DreamHire profile. This will ensure that your background and skills are accurate, and you can save your application as a draft and finish it later. It takes a few minutes to set up your profile.