Convene is the nation’s fastest growing network of meeting, event, and conference venues that combine technology, culinary, production, and human-centered design into a transformative user experience. In partnership with leading commercial landlords, the company also leverages its workplace-as-a-service platform to provide on-demand solutions for building tenants and their employees.
This position requires experience in high volume environments with a focus on presentation and conference style catering. Responsible for assisting in daily production of culinary requirements, must have knowledge in sanitation guidelines. Assist in daily ordering and inventories.
* Maintain full knowledge of menus, recipes, and other pertinent information.
* Must be able to follow instructions and time guidelines of daily production sheets
* Responsible for constant sanitation, organization, and proper food handling
* Minimum of three (1) to five (3) years of culinary/kitchen experience, depending upon formal degree or training
* Extensive catering experience a plus
* High volume, complex foodservice operations experience - highly desirable
* Institutional and batch cooking experiences
* Comprehensive knowledge of food and catering trends with a focus on quality, production, sanitation, food cost controls, and presentation
* Must be willing to participate in client satisfaction programs/activities
* ServSafe/NYC DOH certified - highly desirable
* Flexible and long hours sometimes required.
* Move, lift, carry, push, pull, and place objects weighing less than or equal to 25 pounds without assistance.
* Reach overhead and below the knees, including bending, twisting, pulling, and stooping. Stand, sit, or walk for an extended period of tim
The best way to apply is by creating a DreamHire profile. This will ensure that your background and skills are accurate, and you can save your application as a draft and finish it later. It takes a few minutes to set up your profile.