Northwestern Mutual?has been helping families and businesses achieve financial security for 160 years. Through a distinctive, whole-picture planning approach including both insurance and investments, we empower people to be financially confident. We combine the expertise of our financial professionals with a personalized digital experience and leading-edge technology to best serve our clients.
As a technical, hands-on Test Engineer, your job is to participate in the manual and automation testing of various web-based projects that integrate over various systems, including: third-party financial account linking tools (think Mint and Personal Capital), call scheduling, email delivery, CRMs (Salesforce), and complex financial planning interfaces and algorithms.
You will be under the guidance of a Test Engineering Manager of a team with an already-established, mature testing process. Your role will be that of a “full-stack” Test Engineer. Someone who has a strong appreciation and skill in manual / exploratory testing with the capability of writing automated and performance tests (time and training is allotted after hiring to learn our automation framework).
* Within the first two weeks, be able to jump head-first into an ongoing project and ask the appropriate questions / do the appropriate research to effectively construct test cases and understand what needs to be done in terms of integration / regression testing and eventual deployment.
* Within one month, understand the basics of node.js and our automation framework (written in node.js) to the point in which you can contribute basic automation tests.
* Within two months, be able to discuss high-level functionality and infrastructure of entire
website. You should understand all basic user flows and how the technology behind it works.
* To learn node.js to working proficiency within 4 months.
* Within five months, be able to build out entire features leveraging our current automation test infrastructure (written in node.js)
* Within six months, be able to write basic performance tests in Jmeter.
* Proven results of delivering and process improvement (with references).
* Working proficiency of at least one programming language.
* Experience using Selenium.
* Can move quickly. Everyone here is incredibly kind and extremely willing to share knowledge and a helping hand, but you have to be willing to take ownership of the outlined goals and make things happen.
Apply to Northwestern Mutual (Senior Test Engineer)
The best way to apply is by creating a DreamHire profile. This will ensure that your background and skills are accurate, and you can save your application as a draft and finish it later. It takes a few minutes to set up your profile.