Healthesystems is a specialty provider of innovative medical cost management solutions for the workers’ compensation industry. Our diverse suite of services includes a leading Pharmacy Benefit Management (PBM) program and Clinical Review Services as well as a revolutionary Ancillary Benefits Management (ABM) program for managing and adjudicating ancillary medical services.
Responsible for testing and ensuring quality in core and web-based Java applications to support all HES business areas and associated acceptance criteria. Creates and maintains automation scripts to ensure information systems services and programs meet acceptance criteria. Provides technical support to delivery teams which may include performance testing and creation of utilities to support testing. Plans and executes automation tasks and ensures testing standards are followed within team.
* As an agile team member, ensures the sprint objectives are completed in a timely manner, consistently achieving team commitments regardless of role.
* Adheres to the establishment of group standards and processes. Participates in the Community of Practice.
* Has an understanding of the business processes and the technology platform that enables it.
* Creates and maintains functionality of automation scripts using Selenium, Unified Functional Tester (formerly QTP) and other tools to increase testing productivity by providing technical solutions, utilities and process improvement initiatives
* Adheres to testing standards within scripts and mentors other team members to follow such standards. Adheres up to date testing methodologies (such as BDD and TDD) and tools to implement methodologies.
* Collaborates with stakeholders and agile team members to achieve business results. Analyzes acceptance criteria and provides feedback to business on development projects.
* As an agile team member performs functional testing (Java programs, Batch, Web) to ensure programs meet stated business objectives.
* Provides support for investigating and troubleshooting production issues.
* Works with team members and stakeholders to provide testing statuses, keeps team informed of new requests/changes in processes/procedures, including escalating testing issues and issues requiring management attention.
* Participates in industry and other professional networks to ensure awareness of industry standards, trends and best practice in order to strengthen organizational and technical knowledge.
* Takes on software testing tasks and works creatively and efficiently in troubleshooting and resolution of system issues.
* Strategic Initiatives: Actively engages in driving strategic initiatives, and the related goals, to ensure the most optimal outcome.
* Communication: Effectively communicates using written, oral, non-verbal, and active listening skills. Has the ability to clearly present an idea or concept so others understand, lets others speak, and engages productively in difficult conversations while upholding our ethical values.
Bachelor’s degree and four years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Certified Software Tester (CSTE), Certified Software Quality Assurance (CSQA), Certified Tester Foundation Level (CTFL), Certified Tester Advanced Level (CTAL), Certified Software Test Professional (CSTP) a plus.
**Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:**
Experience in the use of Selenium and Unified Functional Tester (UFT) is essential. Requires an understanding of the application of the agile development methodology. Requires strong SQL (or related) skills, manual testing experience, web based testing experience, experience with JAVA and/or GUI. Experience with large databases a plus. Network experience and/or experience with XML is helpful but not required. Experience with ALM and Version One is required. Strong communication skills needed to collaborate with other groups.
Also seeking: Flexibility & Adaption, Communication & Collaboration, Ability & Desire to Learn, Team Oriented - tolerance & helpfulness, Drive for Results, Customer Focus / Engagement, Responsibility/Accountability, Integrity, Attentiveness, Quality Focus.
* Action Orientation
* Customer Engagement
* Interpersonal Effectiveness
* Results Focus
**Physical Demands/Working Conditions:**
Duties are performed primarily in an office setting. Travel to attend meetings and visit locations throughout the country may be required. Operate computer and standard office equipment such as telephone, copier, and printer. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to use hands. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk.
The best way to apply is by creating a DreamHire profile. This will ensure that your background and skills are accurate, and you can save your application as a draft and finish it later. It takes a few minutes to set up your profile.