At Lytx, we harness the power of data to change human behavior and help good companies become even better. The Lytx DriveCam™ Program, sets the standard for driver safety in the industries we serve, and our RAIR® Compliance Services helps DOT-regulated fleets comply with safety regulations, complementing the DriveCam® Program. We protect more than 1,300 commercial and government fleet clients worldwide who drive billions of miles.
We’re looking for hungry, humble and capable people who want to be part of building something special. Ideally, people who want to play a part in shaping the future where your work makes a direct contribution and helps to save lives. Lytx is rapidly scaling and looking for a like-minded Tax Analyst to assist the Tax Manager with a wide array of accounting duties. The Tax Analyst will work with the Accounting department on a contract basis on matters related to sales and use tax, VAT (value-added tax), property tax, and other required statutory filings. If you love the accounting world and have a desire to learn tax compliance and accounting, this is the role for you!
* Act as Avatax (sales and use tax application) administrator
* Regular use of NetSuite (if you have used another ERP that’s useful too)
* Troubleshoot routine and non-routine issues with Avatax (e.g. invoice and credit memos, GL interface, reporting, and research)
* Maintain and update the sales/use tax calendar, tax codes, tax rules, and tax forms in Avatax, ensuring the timely, complete, and accurate filing of tax returns and payments
* Assist with research of sales/use tax nexus and related taxability issues
* On a monthly basis, reconcile the sales/use tax subsidiary ledger with the sales tax payable liability account in the GL, ensuring that reconciling items, if any, are clearly documented, researched, and resolved
* Address internal and external inquiries from various stakeholders regarding sales and use tax and VAT matters (validity of exemption certificates, taxability of invoice line items, drop shipments, et al)
* Coordinate with the property tax service provider to furnish complete and accurate fixed assets information used as the basis for property tax assessments, making sure that property tax filings and funding for bill payments are processed accurately and in a timely manner
* Reconcile the accrued property tax and property tax payable GL accounts to make sure that outstanding accrual/deferral balances are reasonably stated
* Coordinate with the annual report service provider (ARM) to ensure complete and timely filing of annual reports in all applicable states, including assisting with form preparation and review as requested by ARM
* File business licenses and manage related renewal calendar
* Provide support with income tax provision and domestic, state, and international tax return work papers as needed
* Provide transactional and income tax audit support as needed
* Assist with identifying and designing control processes in preparation for SOX implementation
* Manage distribution and, as assigned, resolution of tax related mail and other correspondences
* Other duties as assigned
* Some experience with transactional taxes, specifically consumption and property taxes
* Experience with Avatax or a similar consumption tax software
* Fundamental understanding of accrual accounting and basic GAAP concepts
* Education: four-year accounting or business degree preferred
* Proficiency with Microsoft Office products (Excel is highly desirable).
* Experience in ERP accounting systems, preferably NetSuite
* Self-starter, analytical, organized, and manages deadlines well
* Highly effective communicator, both written and face to face.