Invitae is a genetic information company whose mission is to bring genetic information into routine medical practice to improve the quality of healthcare for billions of people.
Invitae is seeking a proven leader with public accounting experience to serve as Controller in a dynamic and high growth organization. This role will work closely with those in Finance to actively manage the accounting function to ensure financial statements are prepared accurately, timely, and in accordance with GAAP. The Controller will also play an integral role in training and developing the team and serve as a technical resource on all complex accounting issues.
* Manage core accounting/finance processes/functions including SEC, Revenue, COGS, Accounts Payable, Accruals, Payroll, GL, Fixed Assets, Equity, and Consolidation
* Manage the month/quarter/year end close process, including close calendar and checklist, with goal to reduce the number of days required to close
* Review and approve account reconciliations, journal entries, and accruals, prepare variance analysis and ensure accounting activities are well supported and documented
* Document and implement required operational changes resulting from new GAAP and SEC rules
* Define and draft company accounting policies and ensure compliance with those policies
* Develop and improve efficient & scalable processes using best practices that tie into the overall company operational structure
* Review and maintain all supporting documentation to support financial schedules
* Manage external audits and act as the primary liaison to the external auditors
* Manage and maintain the company chart of accounts
* Bachelor’s degree in Accounting – required
* CPA license – required
* A mix of public accounting and private company experience preferable
* 10+ years of experience, including 4+ years as a manager
* Ability and desire to mentor team members on career development
* Extensive knowledge of GAAP, SOX and SEC reporting
* Strategic thinker with solid analytical and problem solving skills
* Ability to communicate clearly and effectively
* Experience in selecting and implementing ERP transition
* Experience in Life Sciences or Diagnostic industry a plus
* Experience with Intacct or equivalent preferable.
The best way to apply is by creating a DreamHire profile. This will ensure that your background and skills are accurate, and you can save your application as a draft and finish it later. It takes a few minutes to set up your profile.