* The Leader will be accountable for developing and managing the day to day implementation of integrated strategic communications programs in support of Johnson & Johnson Vision Care on a global basis and for working with the VP Consumer Device Communications to ensure that those communications are connected to and supportive of the Consumer Devices/Med Tech sector’s overall communications objectives and priorities. The person in this position will provide communications support and counsel to, WW President JJVC, President of J&J Vision Care North America and will be based in Jacksonville, FL. Dedicated to helping people see better so they can live better, JJVC is the market leader in the growing contact lens category and generates more than $3 billion in global revenues annually.
* The Communications Leader will be a source of ideas and counsel for the JJVC Leadership Team as well as directly accountable for the business’s external and internal communications programs, brand and trade public relations strategy and tactics, ongoing issues management, and community relations for JJVC/ J&J Vision Care.
* The Leader will be responsible for partnering with Global Consumer Brand PR on major initiatives for Acuvue, which is among the J&J brands designated “Megabrands,” and for handling all public relations activities for JJVC on a continuous basis.
* The Leader will work closely with JJVC colleagues in multiple functions, including Marketing, Human Resources, Finance, Supply Chain and Legal, to execute communications programs that drive growth, support innovation, increase employee engagement and enhance J&J’s corporate reputation among all relevant internal/external stakeholders.
* The position will manage a small team and also lead project teams of agency professionals on both an ongoing and as needed basis. The person in this role will also collaborate closely with other members of GCPA team and, as appropriate, and direct or lead the work they perform on behalf of JJVC (examples include high profile product launches requiring support from functional specialists such as consumer PR media relations, social media outreach, or issues management, etc.).
* The Leader will manage and lead the communications for J&J Vision Care. Serve as a principal, day-to-day communications partner for: WW President JJVC; and President of J&J Vision Care North America. Develop and execute integrated strategic communication plans to drive business results for JJVC in accordance with the goals and priorities established by the JJVC leadership team. Collaborate with Consumer Global PR and provide direction for the global public relations outreach in support of the Acuvue megabrand. Develop and execute employee communications strategy/program in support of business objectives, desired cultural outcomes.
* Develop and manage charitable giving strategy that supports business objectives. Create and direct the creation of effective, innovative world class communications materials such as articles, videos, social media content appropriate for a wide variety of external and internal stakeholders. Incorporate digital and social media platforms into communications strategy. Manage relationships with external firms on key projects, as needed.
* Adheres to environmental policy, procedures, and supports department environmental objectives.