To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
**Education and/or Experience:**
* High school diploma or GED and five years of related substance abuse counseling experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
**Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:**
* Certificate of Alcohol and Drug Counseling required.
* Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
* Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
* Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
* May require staff to have an IL driver’s license, good driving record and the use of a personal vehicle for work.
* The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* The employee is frequently required to sit, talk and hear.
* The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms.
* The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.
* The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.