Guggenheim Partners is a global investment and advisory firm with more than $290 billion1 in assets under management. Across our three primary businesses of investment management, investment banking, and insurance services, we have a track record of delivering results through innovative solutions.
Guggenheim Insurance Services is seeking a Report Analyst to join the data management team. In this role you will develop and update Business Objects reports, work with business users to identify requirements for new reports and enhancements to existing reports, test report requirements and train business users on report functionality. You may also develop the requirements for any database changes that will lead to changes to the data model, working closely with others on behalf of multiple legal entities within the Guggenheim family of companies and will have opportunities to interact with others in Guggenheim Life and Annuity Company, the Insurance division and others in the Guggenheim Corporate entity. The position is located in the Indianapolis Indiana office (northside of Indianapolis).
* Collaborates with business users to identify report objectives and requirements. Assists in report development and testing for various business users.
* Outlines and develops basic data modeling requirements depending on the requirements and business needs. Obtains approvals for each requirement to ensure data model consistency and integration.
* Owns the implementation of batch, canned, and reporting universes. Ensures implementation schedules are maintained and/or revised accordingly with communication and approval from business user as well as management team.
* Trains user group on how to use the new reporting functionality including the ability to develop ad hoc reports and analytics.
* Tests the data in the data warehouses to ensure accuracy and consistency with requirements.
* Involved in ensuring corporate data standards and tools in the development process.
**Skills & Experience Required:**
* Bachelor degree in Math, Computer Science, or Finance
* Prefer of 1-3 years of data management experience specifically around data analysis, preferably in the insurance or finance industry, or comparable experience in a similar environment
* Working knowledge of database development and analysis tools, such as SQL Server or Oracle, Business Objects, MS Access, or other business intelligence tool experience
* Experience with managing multiple concurrent projects
* Experience working with data management projects from start-up through completion and implementation
* Excellent oral, written, and listening skills with the ability to clearly articulate complex information to others
* Demonstrated ability to proactively identify and solve problems and issues of all types
* Demonstrated analysis skills with large volumes of data in multiple formats
* Ability to establish positive relationships and work effectively with all departments and affiliates to ensure integration of strategic goals and principles
* Ability to work independently as well as in concert with internal and external managers and staff, and build productive positive relationships
* Demonstrated ownership and accountability for own performance and responsibility toward team
**In addition, the ideal candidate will be or have:**
* Ownership and accountability for deliverables
* Accomplish goals and objectives
* Results and detail oriented
* Ability to multi-task and execute under pressure
* Internally driven and self-motivated
* Intellectual curiosity, forward-thinking
The best way to apply is by creating a DreamHire profile. This will ensure that your background and skills are accurate, and you can save your application as a draft and finish it later. It takes a few minutes to set up your profile.