At Ford, we go further to make our cars better, our employees happier and our planet a better place to be. Learn more about the work that makes Ford a company that we’re proud to be a part of.
People working together as a lean, global enterprise to make people’s lives better through automotive and mobility leadership.
The Business Intelligence Developer is responsible for transforming data from multiple sources into clear, concise, and actionable intelligence to drive quality and efficiency in the development of Ford’s SYNC infotainment system.
As a member of the In-Vehicle Infotainment (IVI) Software Process & Tools team, you will assist with the onboarding and ongoing training of IVI team members in ways they can retrieve and interpret relevant information for day-to-day use in their respective roles.
* Learn and demonstrate thorough understanding of the various tools and data stores used in the planning, development, and testing of SYNC
* Analyze data generated and stored by tools and processes to extract valuable and actionable intelligence to guide management decisions
* Develop client-side and/or server-side scripts and utilities to automate data analysis
* Prepare compelling reports for various management levels with appropriate balance of summary and detail for each level
* Work with Technical Program Management and Software Quality Assurance teams to develop means to measure and monitor overall project health
* Participate as analytics subject matter expert in long-range product planning and other contexts
* Prepare and deliver training sessions and materials
* Work closely with IT and suppliers to ensure high availability and integrity of data stores
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Analytics, Mathematics, Statistics, or related tech field
* 3+ years experience with SQL DML/DDL
* 2+ years Big Data experience using Hadoop or Microsoft Analytics Platform System
* 2+ years experience using SharePoint
* 1+ years experience with data visualization using Excel
* 1+ years programming experience with Python or other dynamic language
* Master's degree in Computer Science, Analytics, Mathematics, Statistics, or related field
* CBIP, MCSE, or other Business Intelligence certification
* Familiarity with relational, hierarchical, and flat data models
* Experience with data cubes, online analytical processing (OLAP), and data warehousing
* Knowledge of R or other statistical analysis software
* Experience with automotive software system development and delivery timetables
* Excellent communication, problem solving, and interpersonal skills
The best way to apply is by creating a DreamHire profile. This will ensure that your background and skills are accurate, and you can save your application as a draft and finish it later. It takes a few minutes to set up your profile.