Sevatec Inc., a high-technology services firm, serves the country by engaging trusted talent and leveraging technology innovation to overcome the federal government’s most pressing challenges. The company was founded in 2003 on the concept of “Seva”, which means “a commitment to serving others”. Sevatec attracts and retain trusted talent to partner with their government customers and engage in projects that serve to protect and improve the lives of Americans.
Sevatec, Inc. is looking for a Data Scientist to be responsible for modeling complex business problems, discovering new insights and identifying opportunities within the realm of immigration data using statistical, algorithmic, mining and visualization techniques. In addition to advanced analytic skills, the Data Scientist is also proficient at integrating and preparing large, varied datasets, architecting specialized database and computing environments, and communicating results. The Data Scientist will work closely with clients, data stewards, project/program managers, and other IT teams to turn data into critical information and knowledge that can be used to make sound agency decisions.
* Leads the data discovery processes with stakeholders to identify the business requirements and the expected outcome.
* Models and frames business scenarios that are meaningful and which impact on critical business processes and/or decisions.
* Identifies what data is available and relevant, including internal and external data sources, leveraging new data collection processes, as appropriate.
* Develops innovative and effective approaches to solve client's analytics problems and communicates results and methodologies.
* Works in iterative processes (following Agile methodologies) with the client and validates findings.
* Develops experimental design approaches to validate finding or test hypotheses. Validates analysis using scenario modeling.Identifies/creates the appropriate algorithm to discover patterns.
* Provides business metrics for the USCIS to show improvements
* Bachelor’s and 15+ years total experience and/or Master’s Degree, preferably in mathematics, statistics or computer science or related field
* 5 or more years of relevant quantitative and qualitative research and analytics experience
* Solid knowledge of statistical techniques
* The ability to come up with solutions to loosely defined business problems by leveraging pattern detection over potentially large datasets
* Strong programming skills (such as Hadoop MapReduce or other big data frameworks, Java), statistical modeling (like SAS or R).
* Proficiency in statistical analysis, quantitative analytics, forecasting/predictive analytics, multivariate testing, and optimization algorithms
* Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
* Federal contracting experience, specifically DHS
* Related technical certifications
* Experience with Agile/Scrum.
US Citizenship is required along with the ability to obtain an Agency Suitability Clearance.
The best way to apply is by creating a DreamHire profile. This will ensure that your background and skills are accurate, and you can save your application as a draft and finish it later. It takes a few minutes to set up your profile.