Welcome to Eckerd Kids – one of the largest nonprofit child and family service organizations in the United States. We are an established national leader that has given much needed second chances to more than 168,000 children since 1968. Founded by Jack and Ruth Eckerd, our organization provides life-changing child welfare, juvenile justice, behavioral health, and workforce development programs to over 25,000 children and families annually.
This position is responsible for implementing permanency planning practices as it relates to searching and assisting with family connections for the children in the system of care. Will identify and engage family members and/or life-long supportive adult connections. Will coordinate with OKDHS Case Managers to step youth down to alternative placements out of residential group care.
* Responsible to provide direct assistance, consultation and guidance to case management staff within the DHS System of Care (SOC) related to search and discovery of family members or non-relative supportive adults.
* Provide assistance in relative searches to case managers through direct access to Seneca Search Services and other appropriate search entities.
* Successfully transition youth to a least restrictive family like setting with pathways to permanency and enhanced well-being.
* Assist the DHS Case Manager in preparation and implementation of Permanency Round Tables, Family Team Conferences, Permanency Pact and/or Family Team Meetings.
* Provide linkages to foster parents, adoptive parents, therapeutic foster parents or other alternative living arrangements to support the youth in placement.
* In collaboration with the DHS Case Manager, conduct follow-up visits with the youth and alternative placement to ensure stability of the placement.
* Documents activities in electronic client record system.
* Maintain a caseload of 10 youth at any given time.
* Assist in training, mentoring staff on practices and procedures related to Family Finding search and discovery.
* Education – Bachelor’s degree in human services or related field required.
* Experience – Minimum of two years of experience in child welfare required. Four years preferred.
* Skills - Experience with customer service and managing diverse stakeholder groups. Have administrative abilities and be detail oriented. Possess excellent verbal and written communication skills. Ability to interpret, adapt and apply guidelines and procedures. Ability to work independently and utilize initiative, ability to meet deadlines.
* Physical Demands - Ability to travel. Must be free of communicable diseases as required by the state and to the extent that knowledge is attainable under the law.
* Other - Must meet state criminal background check requirements.
* Travel - Must be able to meet requirements for Eckerd’s Auto Insurance and be able to drive for business purposes. Maintain an appropriate and valid state driver’s license.