The Data Governance Administrator is responsible for executing, leading and expanding the established framework and roadmap for the Data Governance Program throughout a large, complex, multi-hospital healthcare system. This position coordinates, educates, guides and facilitates functional groups in the data governance process including supporting and guiding groups in problem determination, resolution and escalation, as necessary. The Data Governance Administrator reports to the Director, Technical Services responsible for Enterprise Analytics, Reporting and Data Governance.
• Recruits, coordinates and leads teams & stakeholders through the Data Governance framework educating them on Program principles as well as related policies, procedures and skills necessary for completion of authoring metadata.
• Oversees review, alignment and approval of metadata and publication into Business Glossary.
• Develops and educates a community of data users across the System to utilize the Business Glossary as an effective tool supporting data usage.
• Coordinates and supports the Data Governance Council activities to lead the Program.
• Builds roadmap for onboarding functional Data Governor/Steward groups for development of metadata.
• Creates and supervises working groups, as needed, for special data governance activities.
• Ensures safe care to patients, staff and visitors; adheres to all Memorial Hermann policies, procedures, and standards within budgetary specifications including time management, supply management, productivity and quality of service.
• Other duties as assigned.
Required skills & experience (the "must haves" to be considered)
Education: Master’s degree preferred. Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field with four years of increasing responsibility in metadata including data governance activities.
Licenses/Certifications: None necessary.
Experience / Knowledge / Skills:
• Five (5) or more years of experience establishing, leading and/or expanding a Data Governance Program including metadata management concepts and principles such as standards, policies, processes, business glossary, data quality and master data management.
• Healthcare/Medical experience strongly preferred, but not necessary
• Extremely effective oral and written communication skills. This role is heavily reliant on communication with senior stakeholders, including C-level executives, VPs, Directors, etc.
• Manages stakeholder expectations/communication, projects, deadlines and ensures timely deliverables.
• Effective leadership skills in mentoring teams to accomplish tasks.
• Experience in implementation, communication, promotion and utilization of technology solutions supporting Data Governance strongly preferred.
What you need to know
- Position is full-time, on-site in Houston, TX (no remote).
- Relocation package will be considered for an appropriate candidate.
- Healthcare experience is a plus, but not necessary.
- This role has a path to leadership!
- Within two years, this appropriate person will be promoted to management, with direct reports.