CoBank’s mission is to deliver comprehensive, flexible and effective financial solutions to customers throughout rural America. Our products and services include loans, leases, cash management and specialized financial instruments. We also help some of our U.S. agribusiness customers sell their products internationally.
In the Enterprise Risk Management (ERM) team at CoBank, the Senior Asset/Liability Risk Analyst analyzes and reports on the balance sheet’s interest rate risk, supports the development and continuous improvement of CoBank’s risk management modeling practices and participates in stress testing and other ad-hoc analyses. This role will also assist in researching and implementing best practices in data strategy and analysis.
This is an exciting and challenging opportunity to be an integral part of a new team with high visibility and responsibility in the organization. In this job you will perform robust enterprise-wide risk modeling for CoBank’s $100 billion balance sheet, and you will be responsible for accurately modeling a variety of financial instruments and market sectors while working with a range of individuals across the bank and CoBank’s district. We are looking for a self-motivated, highly-driven, inquisitive individual with deep problem-solving skills.
**How to achieve outstanding performance:**
* Be a proactive, self-driven and creative individual with strong quantitative skill in risk analyses.
* Collaborate with a dynamic and evolving team and are enthusiastic about change.
* Effectively utilize quantitative models and analyze results.
* Collaborate cross-functionally to maximize your ability to deliver tasks.
* Thrive in a fast-paced, demanding environment.
* Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, or relevant discipline
* 3-6 years accounting or finance experience, preferably in financial services institutions, with solid understanding of balance sheet dynamics and interest rate risk concepts; or appropriate combination of education and experience.
* Knowledge of financial and risk modeling practices and concepts, financial instruments, and financial markets.An advanced understanding of the bank’s balance sheet and income statement.
* Strong technical writing, financial analysis, and reporting skills. Demonstrated expertise in problem solving.
* Proven experience with process improvement and data strategy.
* Advanced skills in financial modeling, database, and spreadsheet applications, including Microsoft Office.
* Excellent organizational skills with ability to meet multiple deadlines under tight time constraints.
* Excellent communication and presentation skills. Strong listening and interpersonal skills
* Motivated and able to work independently and in a team environment.
* Some travel may be required.
* Master’s degree strongly preferred.
* FRM, PRM, CPA, and/or CFA certification.
* Experience with database queries (Oracle and/or SQL) is strongly preferred.
* Experience with market risk vendor tools such as QRM, Bancware or Polypath.
* Knowledge of the agriculture industry.
Apply to CoBank (Senior Asset/Liability Risk Analyst)
The best way to apply is by creating a DreamHire profile. This will ensure that your background and skills are accurate, and you can save your application as a draft and finish it later. It takes a few minutes to set up your profile.