Every day, Clover devices handle the core credit card and point-of-sale processing for hundreds of thousands of merchants. We provide next-generation payment services to the world's largest payment processor, First Data, (USD$2.2 trillion processing volume). Behind the scenes, we operate a cloud platform providing processing, storage and collaboration for merchants, application developers, service providers and our merchants' customers.
Our Server Infrastructure Engineers are highly capable problem solvers. They are responsible for scaling and adapting our production infrastructure to align with business demands as well as maintaining our systems to protect our merchants’ needs. In this role, you will help build and operate complex systems that allow our large fleet of smart payment terminals to communicate with our backend and process millions of transactions a day via our cloud infrastructure. You are pragmatic in balancing priorities and enjoy working in an iterative model where improvements and features are deployed every week, and hotfixes may occur every few days.
* Design, develop, and manage highly available and scalable systems
* Monitor site reliability, availability, and performance
* Scale infrastructure and implement new solutions
* Take ownership of the features/services you work on- from development through deployment and verification, to adding everyday monitoring
* Willing to be part of a regular on call rotation
* Identify technical requirements in product meetings and assist the business team with realistic project planning
* Strong coding skills; Java is our language of choice, as it is primarily used by the Infrastructure Team
* Familiarity with MySQL
* Some monitoring tools skills; we currently use Kibana and Wavefront for metrics
* Superior problem-solving skills
* Experience with any of the following open source services: Redis, Memcached, Kafka
* Bachelor's degree, or above, in computer science or other engineering discipline, or equivalent work experience
**Nice to have:**
* Interest in learning new technologies
* Experience with a cloud platform: AWS, Google Cloud, Rackspace, ect.
* Experience with Docker and some orchestration technologies; Kubernetes, Swarm, ect.
* Experience with scalable and highly available distributed systems
* Past exposure to Android based clients or Netty framework
* Previous experience in payments industry
Apply to Clover (Software Engineer for Server Infrastructure)
The best way to apply is by creating a DreamHire profile. This will ensure that your background and skills are accurate, and you can save your application as a draft and finish it later. It takes a few minutes to set up your profile.