A - Administrative
**Minimum Qualifications from Classification**
This classification requires a basic foundation of knowledge in operating systems programs, maintenance, systems administration, and network systems that would normally be obtained through a bachelor’s degree, preferably in computer science, engineering mathematics, telecommunications or a related technical field, or equivalent technical training and/or experience.
**Additional Minimum Qualifications for this Position**
* Demonstrated ability to work in a collaborative, team-driven DevOps environment;
* Demonstrated ability to quickly understand new technologies, applications, features, etc;
* Proven strong interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate effectively with technical and non-technical staff;
* Strong written and verbal communication skills
* Good personal time management habits;
* Cloud application administration experience;
* Enthusiasm and excitement around the cloud and cloud products such as G Suite and AWS;
* 3+ years of experience in the Information Technology field;
* Bachelor’s degree and 3+ years IT experience OR 7+ years of IT experience;
* Strong scripting and/or coding skills;
* Experience with version control, such as Git or Subversion;
* Ability to work with sensitive/confidential information and to handle such information as required by Federal, State, and OIT regulations/policies;
* Successfully pass a criminal background check.
A successful candidate will have experience and knowledge in some of the following:
* 2+ years of experience with cloud-based SaaS application management;
* 1+ years experience with Linux server administration;
* G Suite experience in an enterprise environment;
* Cloud Drupal hosting;
* Atlassian products, including Bitbucket, JIRA, Service Desk, Confluence, and Bamboo;
* Virtualization technologies in multi-tenant, private, and hybrid cloud environments;
* Cloud infrastructure and platform services such as AWS, Google Cloud Platform, Azure, or OpenStack;
* Cloud-based APIs for automation;
* Open source operating systems such as Red Hat Enterprise Linux and CentOS;
* Highly available, fault-tolerant content and application delivery using tools such as LVS, HAProxy, F5, AWS Elastic Load Balancer, Google Cloud Load Balancing, AWS or Google Cloud autoscaling;
* High-performance content and application delivery using tools such as Memcached, Redis, Varnish;
* Virtual web hosting with Apache or Nginx;
* Configuration management such as Puppet, Chef, CFEngine;
* Continuous integration using tools such as Bamboo, Jenkins, Travis.
**Key Cultural Competencies**
* Creates an environment that acknowledges, encourages and celebrates differences.
* Functions and communicates effectively and respectfully within the context of varying beliefs, behaviors, orientations, identities and cultural backgrounds.
* Seeks opportunities to gain experience working and collaborating in diverse, multicultural, and inclusive settings with a willingness to change for continual improvement.
* Adheres to all PSU policies including the policies on Prohibited Discrimination & Harassment and the Professional Standards of Conduct.