BlackRock is a global leader in investment management, risk management and advisory services for institutional and retail clients. At December 31, 2016, BlackRock’s AUM was $5.1 trillion. BlackRock helps clients around the world meet their goals and overcome challenges with a range of products that include separate accounts, mutual funds, iShares® (exchange-traded funds), and other pooled investment vehicles.
Our sites and web applications are designed to deliver financial data and tools which enable our customers to make informed investment decisions. This role is as a member of an established global team. Coordination with peers and customers across the globe is a daily activity. The individual will primarily be focused on providing production support for web site and applications through both rapid and thorough response to issues. This role will also identify, analyze, and determine the root cause of problems. The individual will be required to understand web application architecture, standard data flows, messaging system, and content management systems. The individual should be very comfortable in Unix/Linux environment and be able to read and understand shell scripts, should have hands on experience on relational databases and should have fundamental understanding of ETL concepts.
The individual must be able to develop relationships and work collaboratively with business leaders, software developers, and technology operational teams. Successful candidates must be able to demonstrate an ability to take total ownership of issues.
* Work within the existing application support team to analyze & resolve production issues, including the analysis and identification of data flow issues and debugging Informatica mappings and workflows, for a range of the web content of e-commerce products and services through applying knowledge of data warehousing and data Extract Transform and Load (ETL)
* Identify root cause, remedial action and implement long term improvement activities to continuously improve the service provided to the business
* Review the monitoring alerts on web pages, data loads & resolve / escalate as appropriate
* Active monitoring of production load jobs via Autosys (or another tool) including stopping, restarting and closely watching failed jobs
* Coordinate processing of various feeds from multiple vendors
* Analyze, debug and resolve complex SQL and shell scripts
* Ensure the timelines of loading and validating data for the websites supported are met
* Co-ordinate and support deployment activities across various applications within the platform
* Build strong relationships with the business through delivery, communication and domain knowledge
* Provide weekend on-call support for all business applications and websites supported on a rotation basis
* Significant involvement in the Incident management, Problem management and Change management processes
* Identification and implementation of continuous improvement activities
* Significant involvement in the DR exercise for the application stack
* Support the generation of metrics / KPIs
* Work on the service improvement initiatives and permanent fixes
* Load balancing application traffic using F5 load balancer (or any other) and log analysis using Splunk
Ability to communicate effectively with management from both IT and business areas
Understanding of basic requirements for hosting a website and middleware application
Database and ETL
* Knowledge of Database schema application and design
* Ability to run PL / SQL statements to perform DDL and DML Operations on database tables
* Basic understanding of different database concepts like Stored Procedures, views, tables, JOINs, cursors
* Basic understanding of ETL and necessary analysis and debugging procedures
* Knowledge of at least one of the tools used in ETL such as Informatica , Ab Initio, CloverETL, Talend Studio for Data Integration, Pentaho.
* Basic knowledge of any programming language (Perl/Python), XML structures, FTP
* Work with various partners (both internal and external), analyzing data issues in source files and coordinating resolution across multiple groups
* Issue triage from error logs, sql failures, database errors etc.
OS: Linux / Solaris :- This includes
* Basic understanding of Unix/Linux operating system
* Versed with all shell commands like grep, find, sed, ls, cp etc.
* Versed with commands to check CPU usage, memory usage and disk usage on a Unix/Linux system using OS native commands
* Sound understanding of shell scripting
Application/Web Servers/Tools:- JBoss,
Apache, Tomcat :- This includes
* Basic Understanding of Apache, JBoss and Tomcat
* Ability to analyze server logs and error interpretation
* Basic understanding on start and stop of the web and application server
* Basic understanding memory management and JVM optimization
* Basic understanding and use of regular expressions and Unix commands
* Basic understanding of web server security and common threat methods
Apply to BlackRock (Technology Operations Support Engineer)
The best way to apply is by creating a DreamHire profile. This will ensure that your background and skills are accurate, and you can save your application as a draft and finish it later. It takes a few minutes to set up your profile.