Chef Zachary Golper and his wife and business partner, Kate Wheatcroft, moved to New York City to open Bien Cuit in the Boerum Hill section of Brooklyn. In the thirteen years prior to opening Bien Cuit, Chef Golper trained in bread and pastry across the continental United States and France.
Bien Cuit Bakery seeks a Sous Chef with management experience in the food industry and a strong background in bread and pastry production.
You should have a great deal of respect for your craft, be passionate about baking, and willing to learn and grow in a hands-on and fast-paced environment.
Applicants must have a desire to grow as managers and become effective at monitoring costs, organizing a team, and controlling quality above all else.
* Strong leadership ability
* Ability to communicate effectively, give clear direction and follow precise orders
* Effective leadership ability & management style
* Ability to think quickly and problem-solve
* Highly organized with a precise attention to detail
* 2+ years experience as a bakery line manager and/or bakery sous chef (or equivalent)
* Proficiency in French baking and viennoiserie production
* Full-time availability, flexible schedule
The best way to apply is by creating a DreamHire profile. This will ensure that your background and skills are accurate, and you can save your application as a draft and finish it later. It takes a few minutes to set up your profile.