Job Posting Details
About Axis Communications
Axis offers intelligent security solutions that enable a smarter, safer world. As the market leader in network video, Axis is driving the industry by continually launching innovative network products based on an open platform - delivering high value to customers through a global partner network.
Axis has long-term relationships with partners and provides them with knowledge and ground-breaking network products in existing and new markets.
* Responsible for all aspects of pre- and post-sales support with opportunities requiring FSE involvement in the territory.
* Executes high level system designs that may include: detailed site surveys, camera placement, field of view calculations, pixels on target, bandwidth and storage calculations, BOM construction, site drawings (Visio/CAD), 3rd party product recommendations and integration.
* Works cohesively across multiple departments (internally & externally) to ensure that expectations and performance goals are met in a timely and professional manner.
* Constructs and performs technology and/or customer specific trainings.
* Attends and represents Axis at industry trade shows and events as needed.
* Acts as a backup to other Axis sales engineers as needed.
* Regional and some International travel required. Up to 75% travel may be required.
* Effectively multi-tasks and prioritizes projects, tasks and travel accordingly.
* Perform other related duties when assigned
**What We Are Looking For**
* Strong knowledge of the physical security and IT markets. Including complimentary products, technology, future trends, and the market as a whole.
* Strong networking knowledge (TCP/IP, Routers, Switches, VPN’s, etc.)
* Strong knowledge of video transport protocols and compression technologies.
* Strong knowledge of image quality and photography principles.
* Strong technical writing and presentation skills (white paper, manuals, instructions, etc.)
* Experienced design documentation skills (schematics, flow charts, topologies, metrics, FOV, pixels on target, angles, etc.)
* Professional communication skills (Listening, Written , Verbal)
* Strong presentation and training skills.
* Proven record of excellent time management and multitasking ability.
* Ability to convey complex technologies and specifications easily.
* Positive customer-centric attitude.
**What You’ll Need**
* Bachelors’ Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Network Engineering, or Information Systems is required.
* 4+ years experience in a customer facing pre-sales role, ideally in the field of network video and/or physical security markets.
* Axis Certified Professional preferred
* Employee is occasionally required to lift 20-40 lbs.
* Ability to climb and stand on ladders or lifts for extended period of time.
* Ability to work with heights. Ceilings, ladders, roof tops, etc.
* Travel up to 75%
Compensation and Working Conditions
Additional Notes on Compensation
Competitive pay. A great benefits package including medical, HRA/FSA, dental, vision, company paid life insurance, 401K, tuition reimbursement and more. The opportunity to travel both domestically and internationally. Paid time off.