Autotask Corporation develops professional services automation software that operates as a Web-based information technology (IT) services management software. Its software is designed to enable the management of professional services, such as managed services, break-fix, consulting engagements, system integration, networking projects, software implementations, service desk contracts, and scheduled maintenance.
A Database administrator (DBA) is an IT professional for the installation, configuration, upgrading, administration, monitoring, maintenance and security of databases in an organization.
The role includes the development and design of database strategies, system monitoring and improving database performance and capacity, and planning for future expansions requirements. They may also plan, co-ordinate and implement security measures to safeguard the database.
* Identifies database requirements by interviewing customers; analyzing department applications, programming and operations; evaluating existing systems and designing proposed systems
* Recommends solutions by defining database physical structure and functional capabilities, database security, data back-up and recovery specifications
* Installs revised or new systems by proposing specifications and flowcharts; recommending optimum access techniques; coordinating installation requirements
* Maintains database performance by calculating optimum values for database parameters; implementing new releases; completing maintenance requirements; evaluating computer operating systems and hardware products
* Prepares users by conducting training; providing information; resolving problems
* Provides information by answering questions and requests
* Supports database functions by designing and coding utilities
* Maintains quality service by establishing and enforcing organization standards
* Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; benchmarking state-of-the-art practices; participating in professional societies
* Contributes t to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed
* Strong knowledge of MS SQL Server administration, installation and troubleshooting concepts
* Strong knowledge of relational database programming concepts
* Knowledge of T-SQL queries and scripting
* Good understanding of risks involved with running queries on production systems
* Knowledge of MS SQL Server backup and recovery methods
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills
* High attention to detail and adherence to established processes
* Good project and time management skills
* Understanding of MS SQL Server in a clustered environment
* Proficiency in MS SQL Server Management Studio
* Strong troubleshooting skills and knowledge to adapt and learn quickly in a changing environment
* Desire to succeed, grow skill sets, and a positive attitude
Bachelor degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or related field, or equivalent experience
The best way to apply is by creating a DreamHire profile. This will ensure that your background and skills are accurate, and you can save your application as a draft and finish it later. It takes a few minutes to set up your profile.