AppNexus is an internet technology company that enables and optimizes the real-time sale and purchase of digital advertising. Our powerful, real-time decisioning platform supports core products that enable publishers to maximize yield; and marketers and agencies to harness data and machine learning to deliver intelligent and customized campaigns. Headquartered in New York City, AppNexus employs over 1000 professionals in offices spanning five continents.
AppNexus is looking for a Business Development Manager to identify, prospect, evaluate, and close new partnerships globally. The Business Development Manager will play a principal role in driving growth of the AppNexus marketplace through partnerships with DSPs, SSPs, and other technology companies. We are looking for someone with demonstrated experience negotiating win-win partnerships, obtaining executive agreement from all levels of seniority, and strong project management and follow-through. This is an excellent opportunity to join a vibrant, high-performing team within a dynamic, industry-leading company.
* Identify, prospect, evaluate, and close new partnerships with DSPs, SSPs, and other technology companies.
* Drive long-term partnership value with clients through a deep understanding of their businesses and AppNexus technology
* Build and maintain relationships cross-functionally; collaborate with product leadership, sales teams, and senior executives internally and at prospects to ensure client success
* Understand partner business needs, ensuring all aspects of the AppNexus marketplace ecosystem are considered when qualifying new business
* Collaborate with AppNexus marketing and product teams to inform roadmap and marketing approach with customer perspective
* Promote the AppNexus brand at relevant industry events, ensuring AppNexus is highly visible
**About your skills:**
* BA/BS Degree or equivalent experience
* 3-5+ years of relevant business development/partnership management experience
* Strong negotiation skills, persistence and follow-through with accounts
* Ability to be consultative and solutions-oriented-formal sales training a plus
* Excellent communication and presentation skills
* Demonstrated ability to interpret complex technical issues and translate into business needs
* Comfort building and maintaining senior-level partner relationships
* Demonstrated track record of exceeding client and revenue expectation
**More about you:**
* You are passionate about a culture of learning and teaching. You love challenging yourself to constantly improve, and sharing your knowledge to empower others
* You like to take risks when looking for novel solutions to complex problems. If faced with roadblocks, you continue to reach higher to make greatness happen
* You care about solving big, systemic problems. You look beyond the surface to understand root causes so that you can build long-term solutions for the whole ecosystem
* You believe in not only serving customers, but also empowering them by providing knowledge and tools
The best way to apply is by creating a DreamHire profile. This will ensure that your background and skills are accurate, and you can save your application as a draft and finish it later. It takes a few minutes to set up your profile.