Akuna Capital is a proprietary trading firm specializing in derivatives market making and sophisticated modeling with a commitment to cutting edge financial technology. Akuna’s unmatched growth profile and non-client structure provides a unique place for innovation and opportunity in the home of proprietary trading – Chicago.
Akuna is currently seeking a C# Developer to join our growing team. We are looking for a motivated developer who will play a key role in taking our proprietary market-making trading GUIs to the next level. The ideal candidate enjoys working with the latest .Net technologies and tools in a fast-paced and collaborative environment. Familiarity with web development (we use Python and ReactJs), or the willingness to expand their skillset into web development, is a plus. The successful candidate is performance-minded and seeks to question and enhance current architecture beyond their own responsibilities. This person will be given a unique level of exposure to an industry-leading team of options traders who participate fully in the design and ongoing enhancements to our proprietary trading platform.
* Plan, design and develop high quality .NET desktop and tablet applications
* Propose and deliver scalability and performance enhancements to our GUIs
* Research and incorporate latest features of C#, .NET and WPF to our applications
* Learn our web development stack and contribute to our many web applications
* Engage with traders and developers and articulate ideas clearly
* Build software using Agile methodologies
* Participate in design sessions and code reviews
* Work on cross-functional teams
* Be mentored by senior developers to learn the trading system and domain
* Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Math or equivalent
* 3+ years of professional experience in developing GUI applications in C#
* Experience with WPF is strongly desired
* Knowledge of data structures and algorithms
* Familiarity with multi-threaded programming paradigms
* Familiarity with web development a plus
* Experience with object oriented design and programming with functional tendencies
* Options trading industry experience is an asset
* Exposure to unit testing a plus
The best way to apply is by creating a DreamHire profile. This will ensure that your background and skills are accurate, and you can save your application as a draft and finish it later. It takes a few minutes to set up your profile.