Wayfair is the largest pure-play online retailer of home goods in the US. Key categories for the company include furniture, decor, kitchen & dining products, home improvement, patio & garden and baby. The company, founded in 2002 as CSN Stores, is based in Boston, MA, and has additional offices in Utah, Kentucky, New York, Galway, Ireland, London, England and Berlin, Germany. Wayfair employs over 2,300 people across those offices.
Wayfair Finance is looking for a Financial Analyst to support the Financial Planning and Analysis group (FP&A). The Analyst will help drive value by enabling the best business decisions through literacy of the organization and financial and quantitative analysis. Specifically, the analyst will provide decision support and forward looking business and operational planning; financial, quantitative, and business modeling and analysis; and business performance measurement. The successful candidate will be a proactive self-starter with excellent analytical and communication skills.
* Provide day to day financial analysis, modeling, and other support for the entire company working closely with all business lines, global operations, accounting, and other teams as necessary.
* Influence decision making through analysis and modeling to ensure business partners meet the financial objectives of the organization.
* Query large amounts of disparate data, consolidate, and summarize results for management
* Participate in forecasting and variance analysis processes, including review of monthly actual results. Identify and communicate risks and opportunities associated with the forecast.
* Review and understand financial performance against forecasts via regular meetings with budget holders and report findings back to management.
* Present business reviews covering financial and non-financial metrics, including performance against stated objectives.
* Support departmental need for ad-hoc analysis, reporting, and presentations, including quarterly reporting, business reviews, and management presentations.
* In addition to these responsibilities, the position will be working with others across the business on ad hoc analysis projects.
* Demonstrated excellence in financial and quantitative analysis
* Expert in MS Excel
* Strong verbal and written communication skills
* Exceptional attention to detail with the ability to multi-task and meet aggressive deadlines
* Experience or interest in eCommerce, retail, or related industries a plus
* SQL experience a plus
* Fast-learner, self-starter and team player
**Work Experience and Education Guidelines**
* Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Economics, Accounting or related is required (exceptions made only for those with strong consulting or investment banking experience)
* Minimum one to two years in an analytical role, with emphasis in financial planning and analysis (Consulting, Banking, Investing, FP&A, Business Planning experience strongly preferred)
The best way to apply is by creating a DreamHire profile. This will ensure that your background and skills are accurate, and you can save your application as a draft and finish it later. It takes a few minutes to set up your profile.