You are an experienced engineering manager who wants to lead a team of Android developers. You are a creative problem solver, work well in a team environment, love to create great software, and want to always be learning. You believe in agility and getting things done that deliver business value. You are an expert in Android mobile development using Java, and have experience in multiple programming languages. You enjoy sharing knowledge, learning in multiple ways, and mentoring others.
* Bachelor's Degree (BA, BSc) and or Graduate level (MA, MSc, MFA) in Computer Engineering/Computer Science or equivalent experience.
* 5+ years hands-on software development with Android with Java, and at least one other language (e.g. C, C++, Python, Ruby, Scala, etc.).
* Prior experience managing an engineering team with focus on mobile development.
* Experienced in application development using modern Android development practices with a team of engineers to develop fast, stable, and reliable Android apps and components.
* Expert development skills include client-side technologies, design, architecture and writing of clean, reusable, extensible, standards-compliant code.
* Ability to manage, mentor and inspire software engineers to excel in their abilities and exceed goals of team.
* Have launched Android apps in Google Play and Amazon Appstore.
* Advanced experience in Java and its particular style when developing for Android.
* Experience in leveraging and properly using all major Android SDK constructs.
* Advanced knowledge of testing specifics of Android including unit, functional and UI testing.
* Applied knowledge working with testing frameworks like Robolectric and Espresso.
* Working experience with deducing problems using memory and rendering Android performance measuring tools.
* Know advanced ways to execute flexible app architecture using dependency injection.
* Leverage third party SDKs to enhance effort at solving the business needs.
* Understands a team that uses continuous integration with delivery from a build pipeline.
* Excellent team player that can work together with other talented developers.
* Reliable, completes tasks and thrives within a fast-paced environment.
* Expertise with Git, rebasing, branching strategies and pull requests.
* Proficient in object oriented programming, software development frameworks, and design patterns.
* Experience with build tools such as Gradle.
* Creative technical problem solving ability.
* Experience with Agile methodologies such as Scrum or Kanban. Understanding of Scrum/XP/Agile principles.
* Clear and effective verbal, visual, and written communication skills.
* Strong attention to detail and correctness in code and communication.
* Ability to work independently and as a member of high functioning team as needed.
* Android transition and animation experience.
* Launching streaming video media related apps in Google Play and Amazon Appstore.
* Native mobile game development experience.
* Android TV, Fire TV, Google Cast, and Android Wear experience.
* Experience with DevOps, Continuous Integration and build tools.
* Ability to write just enough documentation.
* Prior experience with adaptive video streaming technologies, digital advertising platforms, and/or web analytics integration.