Cox Automotive Inc. is transforming the way the world buys, sells and owns cars with industry-leading digital marketing, software, financial, wholesale and e-commerce solutions for consumers, dealers, manufacturers and the overall automotive ecosystem worldwide. Committed to open choice and dedicated to strong partnerships, the Cox Automotive family includes Autotrader®, Dealer dot com®, Dealertrack®, Kelley Blue Book®, Manheim®, NextGear Capital®, vAuto®, Xtime® and a host of other brands.
You will work on projects that span technologies, systems, and processes where you will design, test, and ship high quality code every day. In this cross functional role, you will collaborate with infrastructure, design, and operations to build mission critical internal and external features that enable core APIs for Cox Automotive. As a team member, you will be a Full-Stack Engineer contributing at every level of our application stack. Your team will be relatively small consisting of test, data and software engineers and a product owner who are intensely collaborating in meaningful way.
* Contribute to and maintain the integrity of solutions.
* Work directly with stakeholders to understand real world problems in our domain
* Design and deliver technical solutions to business and product problems.
* Evolve problem statements into actionable items that enable the team to deliver measurable value.
* Shape actionable items for the data services engineering team to solve those real world problems.
* Demonstrate ownership of initiatives and drive them through to completion.
* Provide mentorship to the team.
* Git or general version control experience
* Ability to understand and work with product teams to engineer requirements
* Design and implementation of REST APIs, services, system tasks and cloud solutions
* Working in a continuous integration, testing, and delivery SDLC employing automation
* Basic system administration
* Analytical skills and the ability to pay careful attention to detail
* Group work focus and mentality
* Technical writing including high and low level diagramming techniques
* Degree in CS/SE or comparable work
* Big-data implementation experience using Hadoop, HBase, Kafka, ElasticSearch, NoSQL or related tools/technologies
* Experience with agile methodologies (Scrum, Kanban, XP, etc.)
* Experience with information retrieval systems, hard state-space optimization solutions
* Automotive industry experience
* Strong system administration skills
* Public speaking skills
The best way to apply is by creating a DreamHire profile. This will ensure that your background and skills are accurate, and you can save your application as a draft and finish it later. It takes a few minutes to set up your profile.