At Pandora, we're a unique collection of engineers, musicians, designers, marketers, and world-class sellers with a common goal: to enrich lives by delivering effortless personalized music enjoyment and discovery. People—the listeners, the music makers, and our employees—are at the center of our purpose and everything we do. Actually, employees at Pandora are a lot like the service itself: bright, eclectic, and innovative.
We have terrific opportunities in Software Engineering for innovative, inspired problem solvers who are enthusiastic about releasing code to Pandora’s rapidly expanding community of millions of listeners. With the right skills and experience you will be a key contributor in infrastructure engineering. You’ll get the chance to take on complex and interesting problems as part of a fast-paced, highly collaborative team. We hold ourselves to high standards, and take pride in our work.This is a great opportunity for engineers with a passion for learning and applying new technical knowledge. You should have a solid understanding of release automation, continuous integration, unit testing and source control systems. You should have experience developing software to automate release efforts and tools to improve development velocity and quality. You must be capable of managing a release cycle, including coordination between various internal teams. You should be enthusiastic about learning new technologies and skills.
As a member of our highly motivated team you should be dedicated to excellence and have a strong sense of personal responsibility.This role would involve blazing the trail of our substantial continuous integration automation infrastructure for team developing mobile products, and automating as much of our build and testing pipeline as possible. As a mobile tools build engineer at Pandora, you will work alongside our internal development teams to ensure the build servers are working quickly, help improve build times and automate common tasks, and assist with various tasks including release deployment and the creation of integration test servers.Prior experience with mobile tools is not required, we are excited to invest in an engineer with solid tools experience and is willing to apply that know-how to the mobile space. If you have wanted to pivot your career to mobile infrastructure, then this role will offer you the opportunity to learn and grow as you master what you already know about tools and infrastructure in the mobile space.
* 5+ years’ experience, 3 of which need to be in the tools and infrastructure space
* Experience with administering Ubuntu Linux and Mac OSX
* Significant experience developing software in Python, Ruby, Java, shell scripting or similar languages
* Experience with build tools such as Gradle
* Familiarity with continuous integration tools such as Jenkins or Hudson
* Dynamic individual with great teamwork, communication and interpersonal skills
* Significant experience managing mobile release deployments
* Experience with releasing apps on the Google Play Store and iOS App Store
* Experience with mobile release automation software
* Experience with xcodebuild
* Detailed knowledge of configuring OSX servers for Apple software
* Experience with Git
* JIRA REST API experience
* Passionate about technology and enjoys hacking/prototyping on the side
* Experience with Agile software methodologies
* BA/BS or better in Computer Science or a related field
The best way to apply is by creating a DreamHire profile. This will ensure that your background and skills are accurate, and you can save your application as a draft and finish it later. It takes a few minutes to set up your profile.