Director of Security
(San Francisco, California)
Job Posting Details
About Universal Services of America
Founded in 1965, Universal Services of America, through its affiliates, combines an innovative mix of tradition with advanced technology to keep pace with the evolving security and janitorial needs of today’s businesses. Universal Protection Service, Universal Protection Security Systems, and Universal Building Maintenance provide our clients with the best security and janitorial solutions, personalized customer service and unmatched value available.
We are currently looking to hire a Director of Security. This person will be responsible for directing, coordinating and overseeing all activities of the onsite Security staff, including all supervisory, training and operations functions at the assigned post in accordance with post orders and client instructions, and following all internal procedures.
* Coordinates all aspects of executing the security contract at the assigned location(s).
* Responsible for supervising, motivating, coaching and training employees.
* Conduct interviews, make recommendations for placement of security professionals, and execute site-specific orientations.
* Is the first point of contact for security professionals regarding performance, operations, emergency response activities, and department needs.
* May be responsible for scheduling and payroll coordination at assigned site based on the size and post requirements, including pay and invoice reconciliation.
* High school diploma or equivalent required. Some college education or business classes preferred.
* Qualified applicants must be 21 years of age or older and have a valid driver's license for the state in which applying. All applicants must be eligible to meet our company driving standards.
* Minimum 5+ years of professional-level experience required.
* Prior experience in the retail security industry, law enforcement and/or military highly preferred.
* Experience in scheduling, operations or other functions of security industry a plus.
* Must possess a valid Guard License as required in the state for which you are applying.
* As a condition of employment, employee must successfully complete a background investigation and a post-offer/pre-employment drug/alcohol test.
* As a condition of continued employment, employee must maintain current active status of all required License at all times, and must carry the license at all times while on duty.
* Energetic and focused personality with a demonstrated ability to take initiative, successfully handle and prioritize multiple competing assignments and effectively manage deadlines.
* Demonstrated ability to be very customer service oriented, with the ability to professionally interact with all levels of individuals in a courteous manner, and to de-escalate situations before they become hostile or unpleasant.
Compensation and Working Conditions
Additional Notes on Compensation
We offer a comprehensive benefit package to our Security Professionals, which may include medical, vision, dental, life insurance and short-term disability, 401(k), paid uniforms, Cafeteria Plan and an Employee Assistance program.