Time Inc. (NYSE:TIME) is a leading content company that engages over 150 million consumers every month through our portfolio of premium brands across platforms. By combining our distinctive content with our proprietary data and people-based targeting, we offer highly differentiated end-to-end solutions to marketers across the multimedia landscape.
Time Inc. is seeking a talented, innovative Sr. Software Engineer to join the Content as a Service (CaaS) engineering team in Seattle, WA. The team’s charter is to provide a robust service infrastructure which enables content creation, sharing, and distribution through a single, centrally managed content platform. Engineering focus areas include media ingestion, storage, data enhancement, distribution, and discovery. The team owns a service ecosystem that is critical to Time Inc.'s content business across editorial and engineering teams creating web, video, and print content.
You are responsible for the design and implementation of software and services to provide a content platform that is scalable, highly available, and drastically reduces Time Inc.'s costs for content ingestion, management, discoverability, and distribution.
* Play a lead role implementing new services, APIs, and operational monitoring functions.
* Work closely with engineers developing editorial tools, web and mobile experiences.
* Own production services, investigate and resolve issues, bottlenecks, and inefficiencies.
* Provide thorough and readable documentation for all services.
* Lead development of APIs that allow new content sources to be ingested, processed, and distributed to customers.
* Collaborate closely with other engineers, designers, and editorial staff to define innovative ways to improve services and reduce costs.
* Participate in technical mentorship with engineers on the team by performing thorough code reviews, pairing, and ad hoc reviews of proposed solutions.
* Work with other teams across the company to share and establish best practices.
* Are passionate about code quality and lead by example to produce high quality, complex services and applications under tight timelines.
* Bachelor's degree or higher in Computer Science or related field
* 8-12 years of professional software development experience
* 5+ years building applications deployed on AWS and the process to manage large data sets
* Demonstrated deep understanding of REST, service architecture, monitoring, and the tenants of horizontal scalability
* Experience developing complex and highly available services running in a production environment
* Extensive knowledge of object oriented and functional software design patterns, including those commonly used by large scale search and recommendation engines
* Proven experience developing and owning production services and applications deployed in AWS leveraging continuous integration and codified infrastructure.
* Extensive experience using Java, Dropwizard, Node.js, and Docker containers.
* Knowledge of NoSQL data stores, graph databases, indexing, distributed locking and media transformation
* Ability to translate user stories into technical tasks
* Ability to estimate effort effectively
* Strong communication, analytical and problem solving skills
Apply to Time Inc. (Senior Software Development Engineer)
The best way to apply is by creating a DreamHire profile. This will ensure that your background and skills are accurate, and you can save your application as a draft and finish it later. It takes a few minutes to set up your profile.