* Masters required, Ph.D preferred, in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or Mechanical Engineering.
* 7+ years of related professional experience.
* Experience in applying machine learning and artificial intelligence to industrial problems.
* Hands-on coding skills and ability to quickly prototype in C++. Further experience in scripting languages such as Python is a plus.
* Knowledge of several Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning libraries and tools, such as Google’s TensorFlow, Caffe, CNTK, Deeplearning4j, H2O, Mahout, DMTK, MLlib, OpenNN.
* Comprehensive understanding and experience in Automation, Robotics, Predictive Analytics, Simulation and Optimization.
* Experience in government proposal writing
* Excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skills in English required.
* Experience working with international and multi-cultural teams.
* The ability to multitask and make lead contributions in several projects.
* Ability and motivation to learn and use new technologies.
* Experience working with universities
* Experience in standardization working groups, e.g. IEC, IEEE, ISA, OpenGroup, OPC-UA, FMI, etc.
* Prior experience as a project lead, preferably as PI or PM.
* Experience in designing embedded system architectures that include Machine Learning or Artificial Intelligence components
* Experience developing cloud software services
* Familiarity with reinforcement learning methods.
* Familiarity with trends and new directions in Software Architecture, including cloud and edge computing paradigms.
* Experience in optimization (Integer/Linear/Quadratic/NonlinearProgramming/Multi-objective/Stochastic).
* Understanding the business of Siemens to identify and apply use cases for new technologies in the area of Automation & Control, e.g. Industrial Automation, Train Automation, Oil & Gas, etc.