Autodesk makes software for people who make things. If you’ve ever driven a high-performance car, admired a towering skyscraper, used a smartphone, or watched a great film, chances are you’ve experienced what millions of Autodesk customers are doing with our software. Autodesk gives you the power to make anything.
Autodesk is seeking an experienced data scientist to lead the data science team in our Advanced Analytics group. The Advanced Analytics group is chartered with building innovative data products and analytics solutions for Autodesk’s strategy, marketing, sales and customer support teams. This leadership role will help us make machine intelligence an integral part of how Autodesk makes and executes decisions.
As leader of the data science team, you are responsible for applying machine learning, predictive modeling and optimization techniques to a variety of problems, including customer retention, customer acquisition, product recommenders, next-best action, product adoption, segmentation, NLP chat bots and more.
* Manage and grow a team of talented data scientists
* Recruit and hire great talent and develop data scientists with guidance and mentorship
* Participate in defining the strategic direction and roadmap for the Advanced Analytics group
* Plan, research and develop data products from ideation through development and deployment as well as communication of results and performance to executive leadership
* Be an authority and recognized data science expert within Autodesk
* Provide technical leadership to support the ongoing development of Autodesk’s analytics services platform
* Collaborate with product management, engineering and business stakeholders to deliver analytics products that have a quantifiable impact on Autodesk’s business
* PhD or Masters in the field of Statistics, Math, Electrical Engineering, Computer Science or other related field
* 6+ years of experience in data science, machine learning or a related field
* 2+ years of experience leading and managing a small team
* Proven track record overseeing multiple data science projects at all stages, from initial conception to implementation and optimization
* Experience applying data science techniques to problems that typically fall within a marketing, sales or customer success domain
* Deep understanding of machine learning, statistical modeling and data mining techniques such as gradient boosting, neural networks, natural language processing and clustering
* Understanding of experimental design and adaptive sampling
* Experience working with big data platforms (Hadoop, Spark, Hive)
* Experience working with relational SQL and NoSQL databases
* Familiar with ML and statistical modeling tools such as R, SparkML, TensorFlow, SciKit
* Good programming skills using analytics-oriented languages such as Python, R and Scala
* Ability to partner with executives, product managers and stakeholders to translate business requirements into product roadmaps
* Excellent communication skills and ability to explain complex concepts to a non-technical audience
* A creative problem solver with passion, energy and enthusiasm to drive meaningful and transformational change
Apply to Autodesk (Senior Manager of Data Science)
The best way to apply is by creating a DreamHire profile. This will ensure that your background and skills are accurate, and you can save your application as a draft and finish it later. It takes a few minutes to set up your profile.