MUFG Union Bank, N.A., is a full-service bank with offices
across the United States. We provide a wide spectrum
of corporate, commercial, retail banking, and wealth
management solutions to meet the needs of customers.
The bank also offers an extensive portfolio of value-added
solutions for customers, including access to investment
banking, personal and corporate trust, capital markets,
global custody, transaction banking, and other services.
MUFG Union Bank seeks an attorney with privacy and consumer banking experience to join its Bank Operations and Retail Credit legal team.
* Provide legal counsel to bank’s business and support functions regarding US and international privacy laws and regulations
* Support consumer lending and deposit operations, which may include credit cards, home loans, loan servicing, retail deposits and payment systems
* Partner with compliance and risk management personnel to provide legal and regulatory guidance, including regulations of the OCC, FRB, CFPB and FDIC
* Serve as consultative resource to other bank in-house counsel
* Candidate must be a member of the California Bar or otherwise qualified to practice law in California as in-house counsel;
* Minimum 5 years’ experience, either as in house counsel or with a law firm, providing advice on privacy and consumer banking laws and regulations;
* Familiarity with the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standards, Equal Credit Opportunity Act, Truth in Lending Act, Gramm Leach Bliley Act, and Regulations B, P and Z;
* Excellent issue spotting, risk assessment and problem solving skills;
* Strong written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills;
* Flexibility and adaptability to changing priorities and deadlines and ability to manage multiple priorities;
* Initiative, strategic thinker and sound judgment; with the ability to influence, interact with and advise senior executives, build trusted relationships with clients and colleagues, deal constructively with conflict;
* Strong work ethic, self-starter, reputation for timely transaction execution and comfortable in a fast-paced environment.
Apply to Union Bank (Privacy / Consumer Banking Attorney)
The best way to apply is by creating a DreamHire profile. This will ensure that your background and skills are accurate, and you can save your application as a draft and finish it later. It takes a few minutes to set up your profile.