Merck is an innovative, global healthcare leader that is committed to improving health and well-being around the world.
Our ability to excel depends on the integrity, knowledge, imagination, skill, diversity and teamwork of an individual like you. To this end, we strive to create an environment of mutual respect, encouragement and teamwork. As part of our global team, you’ll have the opportunity to collaborate with talented and dedicated colleagues while developing and expanding your career.
Reporting to the Senior Vice President, US Hospital & Specialty Business Unit, this position is responsible for managing the development and execution of marketing strategies and plans in order to maximize Hospital & Specialty brands within the U.S., and for providing US market perspective into Global Brand Strategies. This position will be accountable for leading multiple brand marketing teams and ensuring input into the CBL for all CBL point activities (e.g. manufacturing, regulatory, clinical, etc...) in support of the US business goals. Collaboration across key stakeholders and partners is critical to success of the brands.
Oversees multiple teams of marketing leaders and professionals to develop and execute annual brand plans in collaboration with relevant Global Brand Leaders, Sales Leaders and other stakeholders, and in coordination with the SVP, US Hospital & Specialty Business Unit to ensure optimal execution. Responsible for achievement of product plan objectives and growth of the business in US Market.
* Oversees promotional budgets to ensure resources are allocated appropriately and adjusted periodically to evolving business opportunities
* Identifies opportunities to increase revenue generation, minimizes costs through expense efficiencies and to mitigate risk
* Monitors performance results against targets; proposes timely and relevant action plans to address opportunities and challenges.
* Ensures the integration of marketing, sales, managed care & pricing, manufacturing, regulatory, business development, public affairs and strategic planning activities to support business goals.
* Provides input and guidance for Global Brand Strategies and Lifecycle Management via Global Product Teams and other relevant processes.
* Works in close collaboration with all therapeutically aligned Global Brand Leaders to ensure product related decisions are made in the best interest of the market and support One Merck outcomes.
* Manages direct reports to accomplish business goals consistent with company practices and goals
* Bachelor's degree
* MBA preferred
* 10 years minimum Pharmaceutical Marketing experience, including a deep understanding of the Hospital/Specialty market and the dynamics of the US Payer environment.
* Previous Marketing Leadership experience
* Substantive experience in product lifecycle management
* Deep interest and understanding of customers' needs (Physicians, Payers, Hospitals, Integrated Delivery Systems, etc….)
* Knowledge of payer perspectives
* Ability to anticipate and rapidly respond to market and competitive changes
* Ability to influence and secure collaborative decisions with peers
* Ability to effectively present and communicate both orally and in writing
* Specific Marketing expertise in developing strategy, utilizing market research, forecasting, and developing promotional materials.
* Strong overall business acumen (e.g., knowledgeable in policies, practices, trends, technology, and information affecting Merck's business)
* Significant experience with expense or revenue management
* Ability to prioritize objectives and make difficult resource allocation decisions (e.g., marketing mix; local market priority)
* Proven people management skills (e.g., working collaboratively, getting work done through others, providing guidance, setting objectives, managing performance, providing feedback/coaching, assessing others' strengths/weaknesses, etc.)
* Understanding and application of Merck's policies, compliance, operations and change management
Apply to Merck and Company Incorporated (AVP, Hospital & Specialty Marketing)
The best way to apply is by creating a DreamHire profile. This will ensure that your background and skills are accurate, and you can save your application as a draft and finish it later. It takes a few minutes to set up your profile.