Libbey, Inc is the leading producer of glass tableware products in the Western Hemisphere and one of the largest glass tableware manufacturers in the world. It designs and markets an extensive line of high-quality glass tableware, ceramic dinnerware, metal flatware, hollowware and serveware items to a broad group of customers in the foodservice, retail, and business-to-business markets in over 100 countries.
Libbey Inc. is currently seeking a strong communicator and detail orientated individual for a full-time, Accounting Analyst role within its Corporate Accounting group. If you are looking to begin your accounting career this is a tremendous opportunity for you. You will have the opportunity to get hands on experience from tenured accounting professionals and gain exposure in a multiple of accounting functions.
The Corporate Accounting Analyst will be responsible for ensuring the accurate and timely recording of transactions, account analyses and reconciliations within GAAP guidelines. Also the position will have a role in the preparation of the monthly, quarterly, and annual financial statements and SEC filings.
- Perform monthly account analysis and reconciliation
- Preparation of journal entries in support of monthly, quarterly, and year-end closings
- Perform monthly analysis and US GAAP adjustments on various non-US locations
- Performing forecast, budget & prior year variance analyses on monthly balance sheets, income statements, and changes in financial position
- Preparation and distribution of monthly and/or quarterly reports
- Assist in the preparation and analysis of financial statements and footnotes in press releases and Form 8-K, 10-Q and 10-K filed with SEC
- Technical accounting research
- Assist in the preparation of quarterly forecasts and annual budget
- Special projects and other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance required
- 0-2 years of experience
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong foundation with Microsoft Office products (primarily Excel); ability to learn/manipulate systems quickly
- Requires strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Perform well under pressure, manage multiple assignments and able to prioritize tasks
- Commitment to strict deadlines
The best way to apply is by creating a DreamHire profile. This will ensure that your background and skills are accurate, and you can save your application as a draft and finish it later. It takes a few minutes to set up your profile.